Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 394 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's unsure yet.

Why it's more..unsure, is that it would most likely be based off of the upcoming Voyage of Doctor Dolittle; as opposed to other iterations, as it'd be based off of the 1922 novel of the same name.

Reactions: Magic-Man
If a Universal Monsters land is to be part of this new park I would like to see them involve the production designer from the Van Helsing film. I am not a fan of that film but man those sets for that film where amazing.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I could see Crash being involved with the look of the monsters themselves because it is my understanding that he is on Universal's payroll overseeing the Universal Monsters. I would hope that their appearances would remain respectful of their classic look. I was referring more to the look of the land.

So if we ever see a Classic Monsters dark ride, would we expect it to be Universal's version of Haunted Mansion?

Or a more intense dark ride with animatronics, jump scares, etc?

So if we ever see a Classic Monsters dark ride, would we expect it to be Universal's version of Haunted Mansion?

Not to toot my own horn...but:

I'd also say the same about the attraction offerings at large. This is still Universal. I expect much less screen use, but I still expect most of the attractions to be faster paced, and very few slower dark rides.

Reactions: HPFred

I mean, ideally... both. A harder-edged attraction and a more atmospheric, moody attraction.

With both preferably relying on as much physical scenery, props, and figures as possible.

Why don't the do simply a Horror land, all encompassing with "family" appropriate horror IPs ranging from Gremlins, A Werewolf in London, to ALL of Universal Classic Monsters which some they don't include because they aren't ugly in that sense.

I mean if you broke it down by series: Hunchback, Phantom, Cat and the Canary, Dracula, Frankenstein (to include the Bride), Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Dracula, Gorilla Woman, The Creature, Edgar Allen Poe, Alfred Hitchcock, Gremlins, AWIL, Invisible Man, The Mummy, The Creeper, It Came from Outer Space, Hammer Films Horror Library as well as Amblin Partners Horror films. I mean they truly have enough to make a well thought our land without impeding on HHN.

It’s a bit conflicting that Universal might want to do a monsters land in the new park but I’m assuming it’s going to be based on the classic monsters but Universal don’t seem to nostalgia.

Is this going to be a completely fresh take?

Would expect they use the classic looks with some modern changes. Don’t see them using the new female mummy or like Dracula Untold.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.