Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 399 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is what they will do with Jurassic Park/world. Does Universal Orlando really need to create another separate Jurassic world land over at a third gate? And leave JP the way it is at IOA bring in a Jurassic World coaster into IOA even though it’s still Jurassic Park. Or will the transformation start at JP into Jurassic World. If this were to happen don’t we all think we should agree on it happening after the Harry Potter coaster opens in summer 2019. Possibly late 2019? A new Jurassic World Arch, triceratops encounter replacement and something new along the trail at JP, an update to the river adventure but should they tear it down and make it into that long awaited Jeep safari ride we have been waiting for? Also their seems to be no room to put in a Mossasaur attraction which would make it a 3rd attraction of the land at IOA.
I highly doubt there will be two Jurassic parks/worlds. I say tear out park and hippogriff coaster. And install the great hall where hippogriff is.

Reactions: |Q|
...Something goes wrong!! The glass could start cracking as the Mono starts headbutting it before Rexy saves us after trying to eat us at the other park.
Except, if the "glass starts breaking" then the mosasaurus is underwater and a T-Rex can't save us. Because the glass is only underwater. Unless you're putting a T-Rex in scuba gear (and ignoring that the mosasaurus is, like, 5 times the size of a T-Rex).

Nevermind people wanting a mosasaurus show are literally asking for a screen based attraction where nothing happens. Even with "something going wrong," the show is:

- Slow-ass robot appearing from the water like an oversized Jaws.
- Seats lower.
- Mosasaurus swims a bit before slamming against the screen ("glass").
- Some water shoots in.
- Seats raise. Fin.

A mosasaurus show would be terrible.

The question is where will Jurassic Park/World end up? At a fourth gate? Or transform JP at IOA into Jurassic World? Again the problem at IOA is their isn’t enough room to put in newer Jurassic World attractions if the transformation happens over at IOA with the new JW arch. I think the arch change is a no doubter if it comes to IOA.

I just watched it too.

Is it just me or does it actually look good? I died at Mr. Mime :lol:
It could be a charming hit....At this point, I am disappointed we didn't just get a live action Ash, Misty and Brock movie

But whatever, I'm sure Universal will adapt the games/tv show

Probably, but you could put a couple of other IP's into that space as well. KZ doesn't really need Pokémon as its replacement.
I’m just thinking if Mario really is in the new park the better bet for Pokémon would be somewhere else. Both franchises are absolutely huge so from a business perspective it only makes sense to split them up. Zelda could be paired with one of them (even though I’d prefer IoA), but Mario and Pokémon should certainly be used as leverage to further encourage multi park tickets and getting people to the original resort. Especially if Pokémon is unique to Florida.

Also, USF already has an urban feel and Rhyme City would fit like a glove if that’s the route they take.

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
I’m just thinking if Mario really is in the new park the better bet for Pokémon would be somewhere else. Both franchises are absolutely huge so from a business perspective it only makes sense to split them up. Zelda could be paired with one of them (even though I’d prefer IoA), but Mario and Pokémon should certainly be used as leverage to further encourage multi park tickets and getting people to the original resort. Especially if Pokémon is unique to Florida.

Also, USF already has an urban feel and Rhyme City would fit like a glove if that’s the route they take.

Good points, although I still would like to see both Mario and Pokémon in the same park. Those, in addition to the Monsters, Jurassic World, DreamWorks, and Fantastic Beasts would make a formidable front, and create something that none of the WDW parks (minus MK) can compete with.

Good points, although I still would like to see both Mario and Pokémon in the same park. Those, in addition to the Monsters, Jurassic World, DreamWorks, and Fantastic Beasts would make a formidable front, and create something that none of the WDW parks (minus MK) can compete with.
But but....Star Wars *Bob Iger holds up wet guide map with Millenium Falcon on the front*

Reactions: Magic-Man
But but....Star Wars *Bob Iger holds up wet guide map with Millenium Falcon on the front*
It is opening much sooner than anything equal from Universal sooooooooo...
Played Detective Pikachu, there is nothing really theme park worthy in Rhyme City and would be very underwhelming....I think and will repeatedly say Universal should just must its own unique city for Pokemon
I haven’t but I’m sure the movie would be a bit different from what seems like a pretty low budget game. Plus it doesn’t seem to focus on any one region so that’s a plus and just like Harry Potter they could likely add in whatever they want. If Detective Pikachu is a success I’m sure they’d want to use it in some fashion. I can already imagine the lines for an animatronic M&G with Ryanchu lol.

Reactions: HPFred
They can open it whenever they want...Doesn't stop Universal's new park from being more intriguing
Being intriguing doesn’t stop how many more years away it is. All the excitement right now is on Star Wars. Your original post acted like Disney’s going to be desperate for guests to come to Star Wars, LOL!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, we’ve already seen how Avatar did and that IP isn’t nearly as big.

Status
Not open for further replies.