Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A castle in each land would be a hilarious one-up to Magic Kingdom

Also, we've been discussing Oz for a long time...It seems to come up every so often when we have a mysterious project we don't know about

I'd like to see it happen
I think giving each world a castle would be a fascinating subversion of the “iconic weenie” expectation. This was, you’re getting 4 weenies.

A castle in each land would be a hilarious one-up to Magic Kingdom

Also, we've been discussing Oz for a long time...It seems to come up every so often when we have a mysterious project we don't know about

I'd like to see it happen

That kind of middle finger to Disney is why I want Far Far Away land.

Not that I want any bad blood but it would be a lot of fun.

THAT’S how you differentiate Beasts from Monsters. Thank you.

World of Dream(Works, Dolittle)
World of Play/Fun/Games (Nintendo, RPO, Hello Kitty)
World of Magic (Fantastic Beasts, Oz)
World of Monsters (Classic Monsters, Godzilla, Jurassic World)

EDIT- This incorporates all the IPs to each “world” in a logical way, can accommodate future IPs without breaking the structure, and allow original stuff.

EDIT 2 - It also gives each world its own CASTLE!

Dreams - Far Far Away
Play - Peach’s Castle
Magic - Emerald City
Monsters - Dracula’s

You're sort of right. Dreamworks, Nintendo, FB, and Classic Monsters is what I'd bet on.

One man has been talking about Oz for a long time. At what point is it not really a plan and just sad?

Would the general public even want a generic Oz land, anyway? I suspect most people hearing about an Oz would be expecting it to be based on the classic film, which Universal can't use the iconography of.
They can use Wicked.

Wicked - IMDb

It probably won't be out until 2020/2021, which makes it fit well.

Would the general public even want a generic Oz land, anyway? I suspect most people hearing about an Oz would be expecting it to be based on the classic film, which Universal can't use the iconography of.
Here’s the problem with Oz. It’s not really something that the younger crowd cares about. While it might look nice, most of the GP under thirty won’t care about it IMO.

:cheers: A cursory look shows Oz was mentioned in the first two pages of this topic. I didn't feel the need to look further. Obviously a deal with MGM would be ideal. However, a "no deal" does not kill the idea. Dialog from the movie, if in the book , is fair game. Generally speaking, costumes are not protected by copywrite. A Judy Garland lookalike would not fly, but a girl in a blue dress would. ETc, etc, etc. I only brought OZ up in the above post to show that in some minds the concept is alive and well recognized. If you don't like it you are entitled to your opinion. Which I personally don't find sad and could care less about. Thank you very much.
Not speaking to you Dave.

I agree the only way Wizard of Oz would work is if they work with Warner Bros. to get the rights, or they would have to make the Wicked movie and see what the response it. For sure they will probably do a show at CityWalk. But a land would be more questionable if not based off the classic movie.

Comcast CFO Kavanaugh mentioned during the UBS conference Illuminations AND Dreamworks come 2020 every year will launch an original IP based franchise/film. I can't help but have to think when it comes down to it this park will have to have a lot of expansion pads to cover the new IP launches and world of dreamworks would be the largest land.

I would honestly be shocked if an Oz Land made it to this park, based on the sole fact that by the time it opens, it would essentially be based on a USJ land shuttered 10 years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.