Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of a parking garage, the belief is that there will be a large surface lot for day guests.

I find this interesting - I would think, although more expensive, that the garage would make it easier to pack more people in. It would certainly be easier to build a garage now rather than wait until capacity is way up.

To be fair, Epcot does have a big ass Lagoon.

I was going to joke "Hey Google, what's the size of the Lagoon at Epcot?", but the answer is 40 acres. Oh, Internet, always educating us.

It seems that things are constantly changing, but to my understanding this is how it will play out:

Phase 1 would include a new dry theme park about the size of Magic Kingdom, a few (2 or 3) hotels and another CityWalk type area. Instead of a parking garage, the belief is that there will be a large surface lot for day guests.

Phase 2 would likely include additional hotels (1 or 2) as well as another water park.

Phase 3 would be another dry theme park built where the proposed surface lot will be built.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to confuse people or start spreading false information.

You only need concern yourself with Phase 1. Anything beyond that is getting too ahead of ourselves. If we went with original plans and phases, there would be a golf course where Cabana Bay and Volcano Bay reside.

You only need concern yourself with Phase 1. Anything beyond that is getting too ahead of ourselves. If we went with original plans and phases, there would be a golf course where Cabana Bay and Volcano Bay reside.
And a golf course where DPHS is, after the school was moved closer to Sand Lake.

Man this movie looks so good. I really hope Universal could get the rights :freak:

I'm not sure why I always think that Warner Bros and Universal don't get along. Maybe I'm just in a HHN mind all the time.

Not a huge monster movie fan, but hey, Millie Bobby Brown and Vera Farmiga. I'm in.

As far as I'm aware, WB has always been open to talking about partnering for other IPs. It's whether or not it's in both of their best interests for each individual IP. Case by case basis.

From what @Alicia mentioned in her last, sounds like WB is pretty gungho about it. I guess with a good relationship from the success of HP, it's not like WB is going into unknown territory. I'm so used to hearing about them shutting down HHN IPs that I forget Universal's biggest claim to fame is a WB property.

From what @Alicia mentioned in her last, sounds like WB is pretty gungho about it. I guess with a good relationship from the success of HP, it's not like WB is going into unknown territory. I'm so used to hearing about them shutting down HHN IPs that I forget Universal's biggest claim to fame is a WB property.
Remember, there's two sides to the deal... And again, case by case.

Maybe WB is gung-ho about DC comics but Universal doesn't want to conflict with Marvel. Maybe Universal is gung-ho about a WB IP, but WB wants too much money.

For Fantastic Beasts there's already precedence of a partnership... Anything else is going to be case by case.

Random blue-sky idea for an unexpected Jurassic World attraction that could slide into any environment:

Imagine the auction scene in JW2, structurally and tonally similar to Alien Encounter. They slide out a couple full-size, animatronic herbivores, before sliding out the Indoraptor. The show shuts down because Chris Pratt (who we see on video) has freed the other dinos (who physically appear around the room), before the Indoraptor escapes (and eats a stuntman in front of us). A Chris Pratt look-alike shows up with Blue to distract the Indo and lead her away from us.

The facade and queue would actually be mansion from the film.

Remember, there's two sides to the deal... And again, case by case.

Maybe WB is gung-ho about DC comics but Universal doesn't want to conflict with Marvel. Maybe Universal is gung-ho about a WB IP, but WB wants too much money.

For Fantastic Beasts there's already precedence of a partnership... Anything else is going to be case by case.

Wasn't there talk of an all-WB theme park for Universal Orlando at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.