Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 458 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put a lot of money on neither of those happening in Park 3. Especially RPO.

READY PLAYER ONE feels like it would belong in the Studios if it were to ever show up, anyway.

Lost Continent would not work, IMO. The land, as described to me, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too similar to Hogsmeade.

I've been a proponent of Universal basically ripping-off the Hogwarts/Forbidden Journey thing of a giant castle facade housing a big E-ticket dark ride for the monsters, and this sounds like they're generally heading in that direction, then.

Add a block or two of Hogsmeade-style streets themed like the old "European village" Universal backlot sets where so many of their horror movies were filmed in the '30s and '40s, and we're off.

Here’s my question even though I assume Universal Orlando can not use the MonsterVerse as a IP at the fourth gate depending on how the movies go where does this leave Kong at IOA I know it’s by Universal but they should’ve waited. Let’s say if Godzilla King of the Monsters is a hit makes a ton of money At the box office. And Godzilla vs Kong makes a whole bunch of money at the box office and it’s a hit. I understand Kong: Skull Island was originally going to be a Universal film anyone know why they changed it? And who knows what if the MonsterVerse isn’t completely over after Godzilla vs Kong when it comes out in 2020. Should Universal Orlando keep their distance away from the MonsterVerse? We don’t know if it will be a flop or not. We could get standalone movies down the line if successful to Rodan and Mothra which would make great AA’s.

Here’s my question even though I assume Universal Orlando can not use the MonsterVerse as a IP at the fourth gate depending on how the movies go where does this leave Kong at IOA I know it’s by Universal but they should’ve waited. Let’s say if Godzilla King of the Monsters is a hit makes a ton of money At the box office. And Godzilla vs Kong makes a whole bunch of money at the box office and it’s a hit. I understand Kong: Skull Island was originally going to be a Universal film anyone know why they changed it? And who knows what if the MonsterVerse isn’t completely over after Godzilla vs Kong when it comes out in 2020. Should Universal Orlando keep their distance away from the MonsterVerse? We don’t know if it will be a flop or not. We could get standalone movies down the line if successful to Rodan and Mothra which would make great AA’s.
Godzilla and Kong are super iconic...So when they announce "Godzilla ride" I don't think it will fall on deaf ears

I mentioned extremely long attractions before and I know that conversation got killed off. But looking at SW:GE Rise of the Resistance....its is speculated that even mininallly you would be stuck from first pre-show to end of ride for approximately 30 minutes....this isn't even including the time spent waiting.

With that I will ask again, could we see mega attractions that take at minimum an hour to get through not including waiting in line since its seems to be the future of theme parks?

I mentioned extremely long attractions before and I know that conversation got killed off. But looking at SW:GE Rise of the Resistance....its is speculated that even mininallly you would be stuck from first pre-show to end of ride for approximately 30 minutes....this isn't even including the time spent waiting.

With that I will ask again, could we see mega attractions that take at minimum an hour to get through not including waiting in line since its seems to be the future of theme parks?

Maybe for Nintendo/Pokemon (if Pokemon happens) but not for the other attractions. Nothing else in this park is on Star-Wars-level, so the giant pre-show elements aren't needed.

Speaking of SWGE, I'm hoping that we get at least two E-Tickets similar to RoTR in quality/awesomeness and two rides as interactive as the Millennium Falcon ride. Being the big guns, Universal!

Yes Godzilla and Kong are super iconic. But in order to get Godzilla in a fourth gate i know it will need to work things out with Toho first before they proceed. Kong personally to me is in a tough spot because I know he has his own attraction and land at IOA and it’s a Universal property but Reign Of Kong is from 2005 not 2017. People keep saying it’s from 17’ not 05’. Looking at the attraction visuals on the silly projection screens it is very obvious the ride is from Peter Jackson’s film. Yes this could be the end of seeing King Kong at Universal Orlando since it will only be at IOA. But boy JP land would’ve been a perfect spot for a gyrosphere ride where Kong is located. Kong should’ve been saved agree with me or not.

Probably not much longer than 30 minutes for a ride experience, 45 would be pushing it. Possibly other interactive experiences could be longer but have opportunities for snack and bathroom breaks.

Reactions: truejonas

We'll see if the GE pre shows stay in their current form forever....It will be a good test of guests tolerance

With guest tolerance on ride times, it depends on the scenario. If you make a good thrilling enjoyable ride that changes and keeps you entertained they can handle 30 mins. Good example is a ride in the UK Derren browns ghost train, this has a ride experience of 15 minutes (minimum, loading issues usually meant it was longer) but combined with a pre and post show, 25 min was common, but people didn't realize that as it kept changing. and it was called "the future of theme parks" XD though its issues was unreliability, slight disjointed experience and the massive impressive illusion that probably doubled the price of the ride was unnoticed by most guests

Still a 30 min ride is possible, I mean Jimmy Fallons vitrual line waiting area is technically part of the ride and a lot of guests love it even though in total plus the ride your prob there for half a hour.

You can make long rides, just if you try that people are more likely to see flaws, but the concept of making a 5-8 min "thrill ride" with a number of preshows similar to gringots works well, surprising it looked like forbidden journey should had proper preshows but they just routed the queue through them instead and play them on repeat

Still it be better than the Hollywood studios original tram tour, you get a hour long tram tour, then forced to stay in a plaza with food and toilets and the only exit is a hour long walking tour. dont think anything can beat that

Reactions: natespf
I don't care about big monsters or long rides. But I hope Universal isn't cutting "Secret Life of Pets" short (as they did with Despicable me) because I love it. It looks the second one is going to be a ton of fun.

Reactions: Alicia
I don't care about big monsters or long rides. But I hope Universal isn't cutting "Secret Life of Pets" short (as they did with Despicable me) because I love it. It looks the second one is going to be a ton of fun.

Hollywood's thankfully getting Pets in some fashion, and as it seems now; will be something exciting for the west coast park.

I doubt it'll be at Gate 4, but I do think there is a chance that it will pop up in USF or IOA eventually.

Hollywood's thankfully getting Pets in some fashion, and as it seems now; will be something exciting for the west coast park.

I doubt it'll be at Gate 4, but I do think there is a chance that it will pop up in USF or IOA eventually.
Put it in Kids zone and start building NOW!
I want to walk the queue, ride the ride and buy 5 suitcases of stuffed animals representing the cast of SLoP. But I guess I have to wait.

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder if we might see something similar to DisneySea when it comes to the thrill rides and coasters. DisneySea (as far as I can remember) only has one major coaster (if you wanna call it that), but there's enough thrill rides in the park to more than make up for it. They prove that you don't need coasters to satisfy the crowds.

I can see a scenario where we get one major coaster themed to HTTYD. We also have a small coaster based on Shrek, something similar to Hippogriff in size and intensity. Then we have our Journey to the Center of the Earth in Mario Kart, our Indiana Jones in Donkey Kong, our Tower of Terror in Monsters, and a ride with no comparison in Fantastic Beasts. Lots of flat rides and elaborate family attractions finish out the rest of the park.

Of course, I'm just using DisneySea as a comparison. But I wouldn't be mad to see this happen here. We already have a ton of coasters in IOA/USF, after all.

Reactions: Mike S and tielo
I still don’t see any steel bare coasters in FW. Especially not HTTYd. It will probably get a single ride and wasting that on a giant coaster kids can’t ride would be a huge waste.

I still don’t see any steel bare coasters in FW. Especially not HTTYd. It will probably get a single ride and wasting that on a giant coaster kids can’t ride would be a huge waste.

You said it would be bare? Or super thrilling? F.L.Y. over at Phantasialand will be a dark-ride-launched-flying-coaster hybrid with extensive theming when it opens next year. It's even capable of sit-down sections.

...a thought's been crossing my mind more, and I didn't exactly want to post it on the Resort Expansion thread (for obvious reasons), as it does have Blue Sky/Speculation..but if Jurassic World (Project Raptor & River Adventure Overhaul) are both 2020..then what fills in the void that is 2021?

Considering the possibility of 2022 being Fantastic World's opening, perhaps 2021 is just a year of "Entertainment"? I could somewhat see that, considering Osaka is doing the exact same thing this year before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics/SNW Opening..but it makes me extremely wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.