Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

This doesn't seem to the case this time around, but would it be possible to submersible platforms to replace the barges that could be raised at some point before the show and lowered after the show? Is the lagoon not deep enough? Too expensive? Just not possible? Just curious.

This doesn't seem to the case this time around, but would it be possible to submersible platforms to replace the barges that could be raised at some point before the show and lowered after the show? Is the lagoon not deep enough? Too expensive? Just not possible? Just curious.

Too expensive. WoC was a massive installation and cost to do that. Plus if they keep the water curtains it’s likely the tech can’t be submersed.

Too expensive. WoC was a massive installation and cost to do that. Plus if they keep the water curtains it’s likely the tech can’t be submersed.

Like Comcast couldn't spend 100m To do a fountain show... They'd probably find a way to do it much more inexpensively too.

The problem with the lagoon is it's too spread out. All of the effects aren't viewable from every spot so naturally the impact gets diluted. It's also not wide enough to do a show like illuminations. The water screens completely detract from the show much the like projections in the new castle show. You're watching the video 95 percent of the time and you miss everything else going on.

I'd rather have them simplified in their look. Bad enough they're a blight on the lagoon's ambiance, but their gaudiness made it even worse. Hopefully they give them an unobtrusive look, better blending in with the lagoon, for the new show. Even a nice "subtle" theming would work better. But I doubt it. They'll probably gussy them up even worse.

I'd rather have them simplified in their look. Bad enough they're a blight on the lagoon's ambiance, but their gaudiness made it even worse. Hopefully they give them an unobtrusive look, better blending in with the lagoon, for the new show. Even a nice "subtle" theming would work better. But I doubt it. They'll probably gussy them up even worse.
Totally agree! The old barges were butt ugly sitting there all day long

I have always maintained that if they removed central park to expand the lagoon, they would have a more viewable show area...
The lagoon is already a very long, odd shape... what would they need to expand it for?

If anything, I think they should Shrink the Lagoon and make it more rounded. Viewing areas are more obvious/better by doing this and it would also create room for an additional attraction by filling in part of the lagoon and using Central Park if needed.

The lagoon is already a very long, odd shape... what would they need to expand it for?

If anything, I think they should Shrink the Lagoon and make it more rounded. Viewing areas are more obvious/better by doing this and it would also create room for an additional attraction by filling in part of the lagoon and using Central Park if needed.

More likely something in between, remove most of central park to make a viewing area, without expanding or shrinking the lagoon.

I miss Dynamite Nights Stunt Spectacular. It was cool because there were 3 major set-pieces, so no matter where you were watching from you'd have one really cool thing happen right in front of you. Ship sinking on right far end, exploding boat house on the left end, and the finale with a speedboat flying through fire of the burning barge in the center. Those were the days.