Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

i have not watched any of the videos, but I have enjoyed the different opinions.

To me, it really sounds like they made a poor choice when naming the show.

If this is a sort of celebration of a day at UNI, maybe they could tie it all together by showing photos of guests experiences with the properties. I know I have seen that done before, but it night be a way to express the intent of the show.

I think, overall this is a very good show. Some minor pacing issues. But other than that, it is an impressive effort from Aiello and his team. After watching it a few times, I have to say that I really like the score.

There are also lots of ways to tinker with this type of show as we have seen with WoC. So I look forward to see this show over time and what they do with it.

Morgan Freeman type of voice?
I want Morgan Freeman there every night live and I'll buy the light up Morgan Freeman action figure in a heartbeat!

Hate to burst your bubble... but I doubt Morgan Freeman will be doing any narrations again... or for a very long time. He was supposed to narrate train announcements in partnership with Visa here in Vancouver, and they cancelled it when the allegations against him came out...

So, who's your next choice?

Right on queue Evan. Chris Cooper would be a great voice (first Bourne film) and another that I really enjoy that would deliver a bit of Brit is Tom Wilkinson (Michael Clayton and The Patriot).

Right on queue Evan. Chris Cooper would be a great voice (first Bourne film) and another that I really enjoy that would deliver a bit of Brit is Tom Wilkinson (Michael Clayton and The Patriot).
Nope Morgan Freeman or Bob and Stuart.
Need something convoluted explained without showing it you rent Freeman. The same for Bob and Stuart, they are always very insightful and would be a great fit for all these specific clips.

Here is the full Universal Cinematic Celebration with fireworks.

That is a video of a rehearsal right? Not the finished product... because just because I'm getting major "Universal was so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should." vibes when projecting film onto water fountains. It's not smooth whatsoever. Way too much fade to black between the different movies.

That is a video of a rehearsal right? Not the finished product... because just because I'm getting major "Universal was so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should." vibes when projecting film onto water fountains. It's not smooth whatsoever. Way too much fade to black between the different movies.

The show is still under Technical Rehearsals as of now.

Who is Bob and Stuart?
Stuart and Bob are on the left and right.
latest

Rewatching the show, at the beginning of the show before the Universal logo when the projection mapping is quite minimal, they could projection map clips from old Universal Films on the buildings which is where you get your jaws, monsters, etc. It would add something.

Also, Timtracker seem to got confirmation no drones so thats sad but at least we still got lasers.

Love the photos. The scenes look fantasmic. And, more important, they're probably more representative of what the show will look like in person, as opposed to POV's which are always lesser than the real experience.

I've seen complaints on Twitter that the image projected onto the mist screens is very distorted... I don't think it's so much the video or photo issue, but was from the heavier rains falling down and interfering with the mist screens during the first couple days of previews. Newer performances seem to look clearer, where I assume it's not raining, or at least raining less than before. Just a guess though.

So are they using that platform that we saw constructed on the new building backstage?
I do not know, but just noticed this today:

I was wondering if there is a viewing area for people in ev's/wheelchairs and is it any good?
I'm a bit worried due to the railings and rock work.
Rockwork seems to not be much of an issue, since show starts far enough back.

I've seen complaints on Twitter that the image projected onto the mist screens is very distorted... I don't think it's so much the video or photo issue, but was from the heavier rains falling down and interfering with the mist screens during the first couple days of previews. Newer performances seem to look clearer, where I assume it's not raining, or at least raining less than before. Just a guess though.

Yeah, there was a big difference on screen projections from the heavy rain on Thursday to the very light rain on Friday.

The front row's view isn't as bad with the rockwork, even though it looks like it would be an impediment.