Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

I absolutely agree with you. It shouldn't open until it's all there. But I can tell you almost no project in the history of theme parks has opened "done". I can tell you lots of stories from my time when we opened rides with things taped together, and you'd never know.

It's the age-old balancing battle of time vs quality. Time is money and so that usually wins out.
That is true, I worked in ICT and never a project was flawless when rolled out. I bought newly build homes, they always needed worker after I moved in. These kind of shows and rides are very, very complex and unique installations. I can't wait to see how the show turns out and I know Universal will continue finishing it in the end (unlike some Yeti or Rocket Rods or all the stuff promised for Avatar land that never got delivered). I won't be in the US this year so I'm sure when I get a change to see it in person it will look fine.

One thing I absolutely love about this project is that I am genuinely excited for it. Like, I really want to be there Opening night seeing it from the viewing area.

Contrast that with F&F where pretty much all of us just wanted it to open so we could move on from it.

One thing I absolutely love about this project is that I am genuinely excited for it. Like, I really want to be there Opening night seeing it from the viewing area.

Contrast that with F&F where pretty much all of us just wanted it to open so we could move on from it.
I feel the same way....and....my expectations for F&F were super low. Unbelievably, it came in lower than even my low expectations....The one shining light, is that with the mostly short lines and negative reception, word is that has really had an effect on UC management. The future may be brighter due to the extreme darkness F&F created. ...............I'm really looking forward to this night show. I'll probably schedule next year's vacation to try and coincide with it's running. I'll be down there in Dec., but I'm doubting they'll run it during the Holiday season. Hope I'm wrong though.

I feel the same way....and....my expectations for F&F were super low. Unbelievably, it came in lower than even my low expectations....The one shining light, is that with the mostly short lines and negative reception, word is that has really had an effect on UC management. The future may be brighter due to the extreme darkness F&F created. ...............I'm really looking forward to this night show. I'll probably schedule next year's vacation to try and coincide with it's running. I'll be down there in Dec., but I'm doubting they'll run it during the Holiday season. Hope I'm wrong though.
A Holiday tag, at the very least, would be awesome