Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Andysol

Veteran Member
Jun 21, 2016
No, I wasn't suggesting that there be a Prince of Egypt segment, nor an attraction, merely a segment of a segment, sharing space with other DWA stuff. I adore that movie, so for it to get some love would just be cool to see, IMO.
More than the source content, it’s the fact it’s a 21 year old film that doesn’t possess nearly the cult following or front of mind attention that a half dozen other DreamWorks films do.
I mean, Shrek isn’t even represented...

I used to love Road to El Dorado. Forgot it existed though.
Ya. Both road and prince were really solid films but easily forgotten.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I guess this is the best place for this. Not show related, but Central Park related. I've had this thought for awhile now about a carousel going on the circular pad behind the DeLorean. I'm not sure if it's big enough, but few people stand there to watch the show so that's what got me thinking about if something like a carousel could go here.
Screenshot_2020-01-29 Google Maps-1.jpg

Good idea? Bad idea?

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
They COULD, I just don't know if they would. The added capacity only makes sense if Kid Zone closes and they need a kid friendly attraction...

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I guess this is the best place for this. Not show related, but Central Park related. I've had this thought for awhile now about a carousel going on the circular pad behind the DeLorean. I'm not sure if it's big enough, but few people stand there to watch the show so that's what got me thinking about if something like a carousel could go here.
View attachment 11538

Good idea? Bad idea?
it would have to be a very very small one.

Reactions: GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
View attachment 11538

Good idea? Bad idea?
Part of me thinks that it’s a legal mandate to have that much open space there.

If not, I’d actually just get rid of some of the concrete on the edges and replace it with greenery.

universal_fanatic

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm pretty sure someone asked something about this recently but I can't recall if it was ever cleared up.
What's with the difference in color scheme between the rocks? Is it to help blend into Springfield? It looks so bizarre from above because it looks like they just stopped painting.
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 11.44.08 PM.png

Reactions: tankart150

Alicia

Premium Member
Jul 17, 2014
Orlando
I'm pretty sure someone asked something about this recently but I can't recall if it was ever cleared up.
What's with the difference in color scheme between the rocks? Is it to help blend into Springfield? It looks so bizarre from above because it looks like they just stopped painting.
View attachment 11860
I believe the rocks are pacific colored to match the San Francisco theme there. It’s themed to Central Park to be seen from the New York section for most of it, but those rocks are across from the San Fran area, hence looking like California rocks. I can almost imagine sea lions standing on them.

Magic Feather

Rookie
Apr 19, 2019
View attachment 11860
Looking at this aerial almost confirms it, but am I the only one that thought this venue was somewhat built with continuous shows in mind? Queue starts at the Central Park sign by Springfield, and is all queue until you get to the part that actually faces the show (which is a big area).

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Looking at this aerial almost confirms it, but am I the only one that thought this venue was somewhat built with continuous shows in mind? Queue starts at the Central Park sign by Springfield, and is all queue until you get to the part that actually faces the show (which is a big area).
Yeah you're the only one.

Reactions: acquaz