Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Well Minions, Pets, etc are already in the parks.
Plus Shrek, SpongeBob, Dora/Diego, Simpsons, Penguins of Madagascar, Scooby Doo, Betty Boop, Hello Kitty, (and Suess, Popeye, Bullwinkle, Po, etc next door.)

They could be trying to make a more kid-friendly, Disney-like show this time 'round.

While I didn't mind CineSpec as it was in 2012, it became incredibly dated. Excited to see what they do with the advancements of technology and with the huge amounts of IP's that Universal has for the park's.
Yes. It was decent when it first came out. We saw it on the rain delayed opening night, and then a good two dozen or so times after that. Every year there were less & less laser & water screen effects. By this past year it was no longer the experience it was when it debuted. Only the barge water screens stayed fairly constant.

It says "new animation featuring characters from favorite universal attractions"

That could also be something like HBO did recently where they got all their original shows to do the HBO "ahh" opening sequence

Minions, SLoP, Transformers, etc all doing the intro.

It could be very simple- or complex. Look forward to it- but more than the new animation, storyline, music and lighting. I'm much more interested in the "Special Effects". Lets hope that is significant.

Plus Shrek, SpongeBob, Dora/Diego, Simpsons, Penguins of Madagascar, Scooby Doo, Betty Boop, Hello Kitty, (and Suess, Popeye, Bullwinkle, Po, etc next door.)

They could be trying to make a more kid-friendly, Disney-like show this time 'round.

I don't think they will go with any Nickelodeon IP's (and I don't think they will bring any IPs from IOA to the show).

I don't think they will go with any Nickelodeon IP's (and I don't think they will bring any IPs from IOA to the show).
I wouldn't be surprised if it were to include Illumination properties not yet represented in the park like "Sing" and DreamWorks ones like HTTYD.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were to include Illumination properties not yet represented in the park like "Sing" and DreamWorks ones like HTTYD.

Has Sing been featured in the park though? I would think that they wouldn't use IPs that are not in the parks yet/at all, and that they would just use the IP's that are there. And, there are ways you can make the show work with IP's already in USF.

If anything, I would think The Tonight Show would be a helluvalot more likely than Sing.

IMO, if you can't do full pyro, don't do any pyro. Focus on projection mapping, fountains, and lasers

They can do pyro. They've done it in the past. Pretty sure it's more of a cost thing rather than the area. And if they can't use high level pyro (which they do though during the CineSpec finale) they can at least go all out with low level pyro like SeaWorld did with Electric Ocean- one of the better night shows in Orlando.

I think a perfect mix of low level pyro and projections and effects can be done.

They can do pyro. They've done it in the past. Pretty sure it's more of a cost thing rather than the area. And if they can't use high level pyro (which they do though during the CineSpec finale) they can at least go all out with low level pyro like SeaWorld did with Electric Ocean- one of the better night shows in Orlando.

I think a perfect mix of low level pyro and projections and effects can be done.

It's definitely not a cost thing. The neighbors have been on them whenever they use pyro.

I'll agree to disagree. You need to focus on the fountains/lagoon effects or the pyro. Electric Ocean looked good, but it also had the benefit of having a dedicated viewing angle, something that you can't really do at USF without completely restructuring the lagoon.