Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So why all the temporally looking stuff and not do it right at once?
The only reason I can think of is a timetable that is set but in the end they have to take it down and redo the whole thing again in a more aesthetically pleasing and permanent setup. It makes little sense to me.

Reactions: Coasted

A few things happened. There were permitting delays at first which pushed back the start of construction, then rain caused some major problems right at the beginning, and then several of the suppliers of equipment had delays. For instance, the fountain manufacturers had some issues with the equipment at first that set them back. Then the lagoon itself had some structural problems and wasn't keeping the water level where they needed it to be. So.. a lot of stuff.

What I heard recently is that the show will most likely open without a few effects in place and those will be added in the following weeks. They'd rather have a show open before September than wait for everything to be installed permanently.

A few things happened. There were permitting delays at first which pushed back the start of construction, then rain caused some major problems right at the beginning, and then several of the suppliers of equipment had delays. For instance, the fountain manufacturers had some issues with the equipment at first that set them back. Then the lagoon itself had some structural problems and wasn't keeping the water level where they needed it to be. So.. a lot of stuff.

What I heard recently is that the show will most likely open without a few effects in place and those will be added in the following weeks. They'd rather have a show open before September than wait for everything to be installed permanently.
I get that and they are all valid reasons but even then I don't understand why they open it incomplete. The show gets only 1 press viewing, 1 presentation where the industry judges the end product and informs the public but time and time again Universal opens things (rides, hotels, waterpark and now a show) unfinished. Yes in the end they will finish it but I think it's just not the right way to do things but clearly Universal sees it different.

I get that and they are all valid reasons but even then I don't understand why they open it incomplete. The show gets only 1 press viewing, 1 presentation where the industry judges the end product and informs the public but time and time again Universal opens things (rides, hotels, waterpark and now a show) unfinished. Yes in the end they will finish it but I think it's just not the right way to do things but clearly Universal sees it different.

But it's not done... It's not open......

:lol:

I absolutely agree with you. It shouldn't open until it's all there. But I can tell you almost no project in the history of theme parks has opened "done". I can tell you lots of stories from my time when we opened rides with things taped together, and you'd never know.

It's the age-old balancing battle of time vs quality. Time is money and so that usually wins out.

Here’s the thing... I understand weather delays for installing in the lagoon.... but I do not see how weather delays would effect the design and implementation of themed lighting towers for the moving light fixtures.

It seems to me that they rushed this project and details like that got left behind to be fixed at a later date. I’m glad the projectors are all being hidden, but this lighting truss with cables attached for stability is silly, and they could have easily prefabricated something offsite to be easily installed.

Perhaps they hadn’t planned those lights and added them last minute to boost the shows aesthetic?

Here’s the thing... I understand weather delays for installing in the lagoon.... but I do not see how weather delays would effect the design and implementation of themed lighting towers for the moving light fixtures.

It seems to me that they rushed this project and details like that got left behind to be fixed at a later date. I’m glad the projectors are all being hidden, but this lighting truss with cables attached for stability is silly, and they could have easily prefabricated something offsite to be easily installed.

Perhaps they hadn’t planned those lights and added them last minute to boost the shows aesthetic?
Perhaps they are delayed from the manufacturer....Happens all the time

I absolutely agree with you. It shouldn't open until it's all there. But I can tell you almost no project in the history of theme parks has opened "done". I can tell you lots of stories from my time when we opened rides with things taped together, and you'd never know.

It's the age-old balancing battle of time vs quality. Time is money and so that usually wins out.

I want to hear the tape example.

Why don’t we have a thread called - Story time with @MrPipps

The only reason I can think of is a timetable that is set but in the end they have to take it down and redo the whole thing again in a more aesthetically pleasing and permanent setup. It makes little sense to me.
Looking at those light towers, they're still just temporary towers so they can still be moved. They probably want to make adjustments before making the permanent installation.

I was in the park yesterday and the towers looked great in person. Made it look like a real major show was happening. I don't have a problem with them at all. And lighting trusses in a movie studio are completely in theme. Honestly, the guests don't care as long as you give them a great show.