Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

No, I wasn't suggesting that there be a Prince of Egypt segment, nor an attraction, merely a segment of a segment, sharing space with other DWA stuff. I adore that movie, so for it to get some love would just be cool to see, IMO.

More than the source content, it’s the fact it’s a 21 year old film that doesn’t possess nearly the cult following or front of mind attention that a half dozen other DreamWorks films do.
I mean, Shrek isn’t even represented...

I used to love Road to El Dorado. Forgot it existed though.

Ya. Both road and prince were really solid films but easily forgotten.

I guess this is the best place for this. Not show related, but Central Park related. I've had this thought for awhile now about a carousel going on the circular pad behind the DeLorean. I'm not sure if it's big enough, but few people stand there to watch the show so that's what got me thinking about if something like a carousel could go here.
Screenshot_2020-01-29 Google Maps-1.jpg

Good idea? Bad idea?

They COULD, I just don't know if they would. The added capacity only makes sense if Kid Zone closes and they need a kid friendly attraction...

I guess this is the best place for this. Not show related, but Central Park related. I've had this thought for awhile now about a carousel going on the circular pad behind the DeLorean. I'm not sure if it's big enough, but few people stand there to watch the show so that's what got me thinking about if something like a carousel could go here.
View attachment 11538

Good idea? Bad idea?

it would have to be a very very small one.

it would have to be a very very small one.
Like the one they had on Citywalk?

DSCF6878.jpg

View attachment 11538

Good idea? Bad idea?
Part of me thinks that it’s a legal mandate to have that much open space there.

If not, I’d actually just get rid of some of the concrete on the edges and replace it with greenery.

I'm pretty sure someone asked something about this recently but I can't recall if it was ever cleared up.
What's with the difference in color scheme between the rocks? Is it to help blend into Springfield? It looks so bizarre from above because it looks like they just stopped painting.
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 11.44.08 PM.png

I'm pretty sure someone asked something about this recently but I can't recall if it was ever cleared up.
What's with the difference in color scheme between the rocks? Is it to help blend into Springfield? It looks so bizarre from above because it looks like they just stopped painting.
View attachment 11860
I believe the rocks are pacific colored to match the San Francisco theme there. It’s themed to Central Park to be seen from the New York section for most of it, but those rocks are across from the San Fran area, hence looking like California rocks. I can almost imagine sea lions standing on them.

View attachment 11860
Looking at this aerial almost confirms it, but am I the only one that thought this venue was somewhat built with continuous shows in mind? Queue starts at the Central Park sign by Springfield, and is all queue until you get to the part that actually faces the show (which is a big area).

Looking at this aerial almost confirms it, but am I the only one that thought this venue was somewhat built with continuous shows in mind? Queue starts at the Central Park sign by Springfield, and is all queue until you get to the part that actually faces the show (which is a big area).

Yeah you're the only one.

So glad they were able to make it happen. Any reports from anyone who was there as far as how they did with distancing efforts?

Hopefully Fantasmic is next!

So glad they were able to make it happen. Any reports from anyone who was there as far as how they did with distancing efforts?

Hopefully Fantasmic is next!

Sadly I don’t think you’ll see Fantasmic anytime soon... too many cast and crew involved. Likely most laid off. We’re more likely to see Epcot Forever or something.

Not sure if this should have its own thread or not. But tonight Universal debuted a new nighttime ‘preshow’ for the Tokyo Summer Olympics on NBC. This show happens right before Cinematic Celebration. It’s a nice addition.

Any excuse to play more John Williams music in the parks is always welcome! Nice that they utilize "The Olympic Spirit," as that's one of his slightly less-used Olympic pieces.

Last edited:
At first I thought they didn't correct the logo at the end saying "Tokyo 2020" but I guess because the games were supposed to be held last year, that's what the IOC is continuing with for branding.

Yeah the only 2021 logo I’ve seen is the 2020 logo with an X through the last 0 and a “...1” at the end

At first I thought they didn't correct the logo at the end saying "Tokyo 2020" but I guess because the games were supposed to be held last year, that's what the IOC is continuing with for branding.

Yeah, it was confirmed a while back they'll still be branding it as Tokyo 2020. Not to mention that saves a ton of time and money not having to reprint *everything* to 2021.

As for the preshow, honestly this is a really nice touch! For a special event like this, it's cool they can do something like this. I was curious when the studio added a medallion and booths in the music plaza, so it looks like they're wanting to heavily promote/celebrate the event.