Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
EHu20FhXUAEyEiP

Also, it seems that they're focusing a great deal on making the area much more pedestrian friendly. Anyone have any ideas how that will effect the area and businesses surrounding the park and convention center?

This basically looks like I can walk to the new park from my apartment (I cross that intersection to go to Publix all the time. maybe a block away), assuming sidewalks go all the way up Destination. Huge boon for Vista Cay right behind me; I'm wondering if some of the developers behind the newer apartment complexes on Universal now wish they built hotels instead. Restaurants by that Publix are going to do gangbusters, not that they struggle now. There's still some land fronting onto Universal for sale in the area, curious who else buys in.

I'm also more curious now if the train station is a go. This could largely be to make UCF Rosen more accessible from a station sitting next to the new park. Pure speculation, I don't know that to be the case.

There's another document that got published today which shows the perimeter landscaping they'll be putting in around the entire resort property. Like Happytycho said, this document is more about creating a visual barrier between the resort and its neighbors, but the Universal Blvd improvements are also very nice to see.

ftp://ftp.ocfl.net/divisions/Growth_Management/pub/POD/62375.26_UBPD_PDP_10-24-2019.pdf

(you'll have to copy/past that address, the forum software doesn't seem to like FTP links)

And speaking of visual barriers and their neighbors, an interesting agreement was filed between Universal and Lockheed Martin regarding building heights and creating visual screens to prevent people from seeing into Lockheed property. You can read the relevant excerpts below - there's also a little tidbit about fireworks:

ppzb4TQ.png

d1CxTqp.png
Great stuff! It appears the perimeter development plan wasn't yet on there when I saw it this morning. I see it there now though.

Where is the visual screening and fireworks agreement from? Was that posted recently as well? Thanks again for sharing, as always!

I believe the visual barrier is so the public doesn't see classified/secret missile building factories right next door.
Nah it's just that the county commissioners don't like looking at the backs of unthemed show buildings any more than we do.

That has a very Indiana Jones/Lost River Delta vibe going for it. That will be different from anything UOR has; a nice ruins/jungle/water look.
Hopefully it gives the impression skull island should have given more of. Which would be an actual land and filled out a little more. Seriously, couldn’t they have just added Thunder Falls to it?
But I digress...

That barrel boost looks awesome!

Seems incredible and highly highly immersive. Looks A+ to me. Is Epic Universe going to be the first to get this one?

TPU reported that it was still the planned expansion for Japan. If that is true, I imagine they could get it first, or around the same time, as Orlando. Always possible.
Ah, got it! Wasn't sure how quickly they'd wait to expand in Japan. The parking lot right next to SNW there looks like the placement for it :)

It is in the concept art for EU, so I think we're for sure getting it. 2 E tickets it seems for SNW with Mario Kart and DK. Should be great!!

I agree the dead ends are an issue, but I'm expecting similar solutions to Diagon where there's an entrance and exit to each land and most of the crowds will follow. Also, given the proper incentive to go to the end of the land (a weenie), it shouldn't be an issue getting people all the way in. Once again, Diagon is a good example of UC's design ability around this challenge.

And that's how Biore see's it.

I think it's funny how Universal thinks this is innovative, but that's how the Disneyland park opened before they added connections due to traffic flow issues and complaints over time lol.

I agree the dead ends are an issue, but I'm expecting similar solutions to Diagon where there's an entrance and exit to each land and most of the crowds will follow. Also, given the proper incentive to go to the end of the land (a weenie), it shouldn't be an issue getting people all the way in. Once again, Diagon is a good example of UC's design ability around this challenge.
Yes, multiple exit points help, as does putting the big attraction at the back of each land to force you to go all the way in.