Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

All these lands are going to be Diagon-esque, and in that thread he goes on to tell me that Diagon's design is fine. So I dunno what he's trying to say exactly.

Yeah this isn’t going to be an issue. Diagon works perfectly fine even with a tight entrance point.

Yeah this isn’t going to be an issue. Diagon works perfectly fine even with a tight entrance point.

I think Diagon works fine as it is one area, in a relatively small park. It will be interesting to see how people feel about this when it is every land in an entire park.

People won't care as long as every land is good.

I don't know if I agree with that sentiment. I think there have been many cases of park lands that dead end, and it does make an impression on people that isn't as favourable.

From a design perspective, and how design effects the psyche, I think dead ends can create frustration (perhaps without intention) and disrupt flow. I think they can work on a small scale and used sparingly, but many parks have had to go back and fix these types of designs.

I don't know if this will be the case, but I am interested to see how it works and feels once the park is up and running. If it becomes an issue, I assume they'll end up having to correct it.

I don't know if I agree with that sentiment. I think there have been many cases of park lands that dead end, and it does make an impression on people that isn't as favourable.

From a design perspective, and how design effects the psyche, I think dead ends can create frustration (perhaps without intention) and disrupt flow. I think they can work on a small scale and used sparingly, but many parks have had to go back and fix these types of designs.

I don't know if this will be the case, but I am interested to see how it works and feels once the park is up and running. If it becomes an issue, I assume they'll end up having to correct it.

The lands won't "dead end". They'll all circle around like Diagon does.

The worst point in all of Universal is the bridge from Jurassic Park to Hogwarts with Forbidden Journey to the left the butter beer car to the right and the stage straight ahead and not an inkling of shade to be found :wow:

Ya- dead ends suck.

The lands won't "dead end". They'll all circle around like Diagon does.
They won't? That's as bold of a statement as saying "they will".

"They probably won't" would be a better statement.

Unless, of course, you can tell that they don't from that high quality concept art with explicit details (that's sarcasm).

I think ultimately it's no major issue, but remember how people complained during the relatively short period of time (4 years) DHS was undergoing it's overhaul? Dead ends EVERYWHERE and people hated it. There's no guarantee that people will respond well to this type of park design. Great rides will help, but there are a lot of people currently who get annoyed at Diagon for being the way it is. I've dealt with these peoples anger enough times to know.

I think ultimately it's no major issue, but remember how people complained during the relatively short period of time (4 years) DHS was undergoing it's overhaul? Dead ends EVERYWHERE and people hated it. There's no guarantee that people will respond well to this type of park design. Great rides will help, but there are a lot of people currently who get annoyed at Diagon for being the way it is. I've dealt with these peoples anger enough times to know.
What is stopping them from putting in escape routes ala storybook circus to tomorrowland in the MK? Except for the smoking and immersion break people love that back path.

All depends on what's at the end of the dead end. The walkway to Big Thunder is a dead end. The walkway to Tower of Terror is a dead end. I'm sure there are more examples. Of course, with EU if you've got several rides in the "lands" and then exit back out I doubt it will feel much like a dead end and more like a mini world.

But is Diagon Alley really a "dead end"? It actually loops around to the left and the right so it really isn't a hard 180 degree turn around and walk by the exact same things. I think a better example of a dead end would be the current Kids Zone.
And I'm guessing that EU's lands will be similarly configured to Diagon, creating a fully immersive land that draws you in but still can flow.

Gonna chime in with a thought I had. With the "hub" being free access and admission needed only for the lands, do think they might implement a 1/2/3/4 park admission system? So the guest would have access to only the areas they were interested in/could afford.