Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Yeap, thats my thinking as well. I should've clarified this was from Young Frankenstein, thanks for doing that. Im sure it won't be exactly like this, but its rumored the castle will cover the show building so something along these lines makes sense to me, some iteration of this photo.
Did you just copy my message verbatim?

and the recent European numbers just keep getting worse. Washington Post today: "Covid19 Cases hit Records In Europe, Surpassing the United States". Coronavirus infections
in Europe set records this week, overtaking the number of cases in the United States per capita. ..The WHO is seeing 'exponential increases' in daily cases in Europe, said Hans Klug
the WHO Director for Europe.
Wrong thread

Plot Twist: It's actually a YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN land

(This would unironically be the best)

Complete with an interactive Igor meet and greet...
66Jcf.gif

That's closer, but needs more pointy roofs. What's that from?

I googled Frankenstein’s Manor instead of castle, saw this design and felt it seemed most appropriate, very hard detective work
If it’s more Manor style than we’ll get pretty close to all of this, so this angle was great. Agreed more pointy, if it’s the same to the art from earlier.

Shame that we will never see the land, in its original form from this concept art. I don't keep up with this project but I'm assuming they canceled it?

Edit: Quick google and it says the land was paused.

Shame that we will never see the land, in its original form from this concept art. I don't keep up with this project but I'm assuming they canceled it?

Edit: Quick google and it says the land was paused.
Epic Universe the theme park is paused currently. Infrastructure projects, like the Kirkman Rd extension, and new backstage support facilities are continuing, albeit on a slower timeline.

I know that online chatter doesn't always reflect reality, and that we don't know the actual validity/hierarchy of the source. But the following was posted by a user on Theme Park Insider: "I work at Universal and most of the layoffs from the Creative department are from the Epic Universe project: So many of my friends and co-workers I knew were among the ones who were laid off. While what was initially planned for Epic Universe will be no more(You can’t build a theme park/attraction when the creative people behind it are let go), I’m just worried about all the layoffs and the lack of federal financial help to everyone in these hard times."

I know that online chatter doesn't always reflect reality, and that we don't know the actual validity/hierarchy of the source. But the following was posted by a user on Theme Park Insider: "I work at Universal and most of the layoffs from the Creative department are from the Epic Universe project: So many of my friends and co-workers I knew were among the ones who were laid off. While what was initially planned for Epic Universe will be no more(You can’t build a theme park/attraction when the creative people behind it are let go), I’m just worried about all the layoffs and the lack of federal financial help to everyone in these hard times."

Trying...so hard...to resist...a political rant...

In any event, I don't see how this is news.

They are laying off the EU people in Creative, because right now it's on hold. In a few weeks that could all change. My understanding is that all the people being laid off in Creative are essentially being told if/when things ramp back up we will try to rehire you. Disney is doing the same.

In the mean time a core staff is still shepherding the project. Even as things are on "pause" work is happening behind the scenes with departments that have crossover with Creative for EU. Materials are being sourced (but purchasing is on hold), and planning is still going on at some level. They just don't need a huge staff to do all the things that are necessary for vertical construction at this time.