Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Outside of HTTYD and SNW are the only half day lands where there is so much going on I can see people spending three-four hours....Monsters seems to be lacking since they got ride of atmosphere/show for a coaster, probably won't go full level until they do the expansion as for Potter....shrug.

The context was about international visitors being there for up to a week which sounds reasonable. Once EU is open it seems easy to spend a solid 2-3 days at EU, 1-2 days across Studios and Islands and then finish it off at VB. Remaining time hitting up all the favorites until the return home.

International visitors could definitely spend a week to the most out of their visit and you could bet that Uni is working on those kind of vacation packages. It might be hard to sell a week long vacation now but one EU opens it'll be selling itself.

I think if it's priced well enough, even if they go off property for a day or two during that week, they'll still stay at a Universal hotel all week so the company still wins. It would be the reverse of people staying at Disney and visiting Universal for a day or two like they do now.

The context was about international visitors being there for up to a week which sounds reasonable. Once EU is open it seems easy to spend a solid 2-3 days at EU, 1-2 days across Studios and Islands and then finish it off at VB. Remaining time hitting up all the favorites until the return home.

International visitors could definitely spend a week to the most out of their visit and you could bet that Uni is working on those kind of vacation packages. It might be hard to sell a week long vacation now but one EU opens it'll be selling itself.

I think if it's priced well enough, even if they go off property for a day or two during that week, they'll still stay at a Universal hotel all week so the company still wins. It would be the reverse of people staying at Disney and visiting Universal for a day or two like they do now.
I know several that spend at least two weeks at Universal. A few days to other parks and attractions with a trip to KSC and the beach fills up the time nicely. I know two that come for three weeks during HHN.

I can't imagine the park requiring me to add more than a third day to my Universal trips (after the first visit, for which I'll probably allot two days to Epic Universe exclusively), but that's still a 50% increase of days. People doing the full resort experience could easily probably start reaching 4 - 6 days.

3 park days + a pool/shopping/mini golf (aka "chill") day and you've accounted for the majority of modern U.S. vacations.

The real question is will price/convenience keep guests in the UOR bubble or will they trade USO for a day at MK or Star Wars Land.

3 park days + a pool/shopping/mini golf (aka "chill") day and you've accounted for the majority of modern U.S. vacations.

The real question is will price/convenience keep guests in the UOR bubble or will they trade USO for a day at MK or Star Wars Land.

I think Comcast/Universal knows their major/large scale investment isn’t done after EU. Once EU opens, I’m hoping we see a massive undertaking at Studios. Might be wishful thinking on my park, but we’ve heard rumblings that something big is coming.

Interesting rumor on Themeparx. Considering what that could potentially mean for expansion IPs.

Well they needed a show or something...they really should just expand the monsters and add the werewolf show and then then add a show to nintendo.

I have no concept of space allotment and overlay, (hopefully someone can help out with that.) But monsters has an expansion pad already. I wouldn’t be opposed to more monsters though.

Let’s pretend the rumor is correct, and we have a WW show in the big expansion plot.
1. Does it fit?
2. Does that mean Pokémon in North campus? (I can’t see them using Pokémon for an outdoor show.)

I have no concept of space allotment and overlay, (hopefully someone can help out with that.) But monsters has an expansion pad already. I wouldn’t be opposed to more monsters though.

Let’s pretend the rumor is correct, and we have a WW show in the big expansion plot.
1. Does it fit?
2. Does that mean Pokémon in North campus? (I can’t see them using Pokémon for an outdoor show.)

They still have that huge 20 acre plot next to space race coasters. They don't need pokemon right next to Mario and DK since its not fully owned by Nintendo anyways.

They still have that huge 20 acre plot next to space race coasters. They don't need pokemon right next to Mario and DK since its not fully owned by Nintendo anyways.

Its def easy to move it to the other side, but the reason I thought Pokémon would go there isn’t because of proximity to Nintendo. It’s based on the acreage of that lot. Pokémon was once rumored/ considered for a smaller section of Kidzone. So it would make sense that it would squeeze into that smaller pad.

But if they want to divide up that larger pad into multiple IP, that’s interesting.

1. Does it fit?

The whole of the waterworld footprint is 1.36 acres, using 7 acres up for a show is insanity.

I think we confuse a Waterworld "like" show for the actual Waterworld show.

Im not expecting Waterworld. I am expecting stunts and real world effects. Outdoor is the key phrase here for me. There are patents that @Alicia has found that would make sense for a great Pokémon/Wizard battle show. I was under the impression they needed substantial cover from the elements to be effective, but maybe not.

My main thought for this rumor is what’s the IP? @tommyhawkins is right, they aren’t using the whole land for this. So what surrounds it?