Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

So what happened with the name “Fantastic Worlds”? And when did they make the change? That press release leak wasn’t too long ago. IMO the hub looks more whimsical and fantastic than what I would consider epic

During the Q&A Tom Williams mentioned that in the future they'll be dropping some "epic announcements" one at a time on their website. But they also don't want to detract from people visiting now, so we'll have to wait.

I think we could get a Nintendo announcement once it opens in Japan or USH. Otherwise I'm not expecting details until 2021

Idk if anyone has said this but if you look closely at the monster area. There are a bunch of paint strokes covering up something that looks like a show building and along with the random theatre, it looks like it's covering up something too.

I’m glad it’s out of the bag, and we have a name and a vague representation of what it will look like. However being ahead of the curve with news and rumors, I can only assume to act mildly whelmed with the announcement today. That “hype” tweet from HatetoFly didn’t help.

So...the hub is rather large, it would surprise me if this wasn’t opened to the public. I would think most theme park guests will be busy in each “world” and the hub will be rather empty because of it.

I’m glad it’s out of the bag, and we have a name and a vague representation of what it will look like. However being ahead of the curve with news and rumors, I can only assume to act mildly whelmed with the announcement today. That “hype” tweet from HatetoFly didn’t help.

So...the hub is rather large, it would surprise me if this wasn’t opened to the public. I would think most theme park guests will be busy in each “world” and the hub will be rather empty because of it.

I mean, there are seemingly quite a few rides in the hub. With the way they’ve designed the park, with one way in/out of the lands, it will be a logistical and guest-satisfaction nightmare to have people queue every time they want to get in/out of a land

I hope the hub in the final product takes on a more steampunk vibe. Also, I hope the park has an actual overarching theme (the logo hints at this) of traveling through time and space to reach new worlds. Since the hub isn't themed to an IP, I really hope they make a mascot(s) for the park. Like an explorer/scientist who invented amazing machines that allow you to visit these different worlds. The main hub would be their (our) world.

Maybe a small fee to access the hub and then small fees to enter each land? A La Carte setup because it's Comcast and they are seeing their future in cable, lol

The Hub area/land/world looks like it will be as entertaining as any of the outside the hub areas/lands/worlds, and will probably actually have more to do in totality, because of parades (probably), rides, restaurants, stores, shows. than any other separate area/land/world . I certainly wouldn't discount the Hub just because it doesn't have an IP to dominate it. This is certainly no ordinary entry to a park. It's a Grand Entrance/Hub/Central land on Steroids.

So is this the general area and position of the park based on the layout of the land thats under construction?

Jid74aj.jpg