Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

wkGBKSy.jpg

It's going to be disappointing if we only get regular buses going back and forth to the new park
Prepare to be disappointed

Yes, but they announced it is coming to USH, no?

That’s my point. When will they announce this is where it’s coming to.

I mean they announced it was coming to Orlando at the same time they said it was coming to Hollywood. That’s all you’ll get for a while

Good opportunity for Universal to fund and clean up a public road though. Don't want guests going from UOR to Epic and passing the blemishes of Kirkman along the way... and boy oh boy there are some real eyesores along the way.

Also, it'd be a crime against theme park humanity if I didn't post this. This is really appropriate for some of you bahaha.

Can you feel it, see it, hear it today?
If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway
You will never understand it 'cause it happens too fast
And it feels so good, it's like walking on glass
It's so cool, it's so hip, it's alright
It's so groovy, it's outta sight
You can touch it, smell it, taste it so sweet
But it makes no difference 'cause it knocks you off your feet

Youuuuu want it aaaall but you can't havvvvve it

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean they announced it was coming to Orlando at the same time they said it was coming to Hollywood. That’s all you’ll get for a while
And unlike those the specific park in Orlando hasn’t been announced. Now that Epic Universe is official there’s nothing holding it back.

I just heard a couple of names and details (which of course are always subject to change):

Right now the hub area is being called "celestial" something (crossings, landing, etc.)

The Monster area is being called something like "Dark Universe" and will be featuring a heavily themed dark ride with the whole lineup of Universal Monsters showcased.

I just heard a couple of names and details (which of course are always subject to change):

Right now the hub area is being called "celestial" something (crossings, landing, etc.)

The Monster area is being called something like "Dark Universe" and will be featuring a heavily themed dark ride with the whole lineup of Universal Monsters showcased.

Gotta figure “Dark Universe” will not be the final name considering the epic flop that the movie universe they wanted to call that was.

I am honestly very surprised by the flak that some people are giving the hub because it is not tied to an IP.

Original attractions are what theme parks are all about! If it weren’t for originals we wouldn’t have anything that we have today. Creators letting their imagination run wild with true organic storytelling not tied down to the boundaries of something that is already created. The possibilities are endless with originals

Gotta figure “Dark Universe” will not be the final name considering the epic flop that the movie universe they wanted to call that was.

Yep. Fun fact, the Universal Monsters maze at Universal Hollywood was meant to be titled Dark Universe up until the announcement. Many elements of the maze backstage were still labeled as such. They're moving toward the "Universal Monsters" branding if the new merchandise/media lines are of any indication.

But, the Dark Universe idea itself isn't dead yet. Just the brand name.

I am honestly very surprised by the flak that some people are giving the hub because it is not tied to an IP.

Original attractions are what theme parks are all about! If it weren’t for originals we wouldn’t have anything that we have today. Creators letting their imagination run wild with true organic storytelling not tied down to the boundaries of something that is already created. The possibilities are endless with originals

Everyone: Why isn't there any original lands at this park?! Not everything need to be based on a IP!

Universal: Here's a hub with original attractions!

Everyone: Where's all the IP's?! WHERE'S MY POKEMON?!

The "Dark Universe" at Universal's Epic Universe. Now isn't that a name that just rolls off the tounge?! No repetition at all.

I'd have to STRONGLY agree with J here. Well there are definently films, series, games and even entire franchises that deserve their spot in theme parks, original ideas are always great to see as they allow designers to expand their horizons.

For a great (recent) example of this, look at Meow Wolf's "Kaleidoscape" at Elitch Gardens. It's a shooter-based dark ride that, well not at Disney/Universal levels of polish thanks to being at a regional park, is a breath of fresh air thanks to how colorful, exuberant and unbelievably original it is.

In fact, it's so original, i still have absolutely no idea what the ride's story is about. Something about an egg with pocket dimensions in it? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to STRONGLY agree with J here. Well there are definently films, series, games and even entire franchises that deserve their spot in theme parks, original ideas are always great to see as they allow designers to expand their horizons.

For a great (recent) example of this, look at Meow Wolf's "Kaleidoscape" at Elitch Gardens. It's a shooter-based dark ride that, well not at Disney/Universal levels of polish thanks to being at a regional park, is a breath of fresh air thanks to how colorful, exuberant and unbelievably original it is.

In fact, it's so original, i still have absolutely no idea what the ride's story is about. Something about an egg with pocket dimensions in it? I don't know.

Or check out the best non-Disney/Universal dark ride on the planet...not based on an IP other than the park mascot:

Symbolica at Efteling (watch some ride throughs of it...it's really amazing)

Or check out the best non-Disney/Universal dark ride on the planet...not based on an IP other than the park mascot:

Symbolica at Efteling (watch some ride throughs of it...it's really amazing)

Oh yeah, that's a good one. I'm just focusing on parks in North America. Thanks for the additional input though! :thumbsup:

I’m also strongly on the original design side — it’s what makes parks different and unique and exciting. IOA would be orders of magnitude weaker without Port of Entry.

It follows that the aspect of this park I’m least excited about is the actual ‘content.’ I don’t really see a lot of these properties as a pull, but I’ll sure spend hours exploring the ‘theme-park-y’ bits and soaking up the environmental design.