Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Verified sources and twitter accounts are reporting SNW going to Epic Universe. So until we see a more "official" announcement from Universal this is as official as it will get for a bit.
So that's a "no" to Mike's question of whether Brian mentioned SNW was coming to EU?

Edit
To clarify, I was just pushing for a clear and direct response to Mike's question. :p

Last edited:
I mean I'm not expert on these things, but this is an official announcement for SNW to EU. Until Universal releases an official commercial or blog post, this is as "official" as its getting. Comcast said this all themselves.

While I don't have the exact wording, as expected and shown in the tweet above, they are hoping (and planning) for SNW to have the game changing impact on the industry like the Wizarding World did. I mean guys, that's flipping huge. Look where we are now for major theme parks, all that, mainly, is due to Potter. I understand I have a little Universal bias but I don't think I'm being hyperbolic here. If we're getting something on the same scale, if not bigger and more universally appealing to audiences, oh BOY we are in for something special here guys. I cannot wait to see how this land looks in Japan this summer.

Also, while I'm sad we're getting it 3rd, hopefully that means all the major kinks will be worked out by the time this arrives in Orlando. I feel even objectively speaking, the future of Universal parks is far more enticing and exciting than that of their mouse counterparts. No disrespect towards the counterpart, but Universal is trying to continue to change and up their game. I love it!

So regarding parks if you look over the last five years, our EBITDA or OCF and the park business has almost exactly doubled, so about $2.5 billion as the parks are about one-third of NBCUniversal, 30% of NBCUniversal. And when you have that kind of growth you're used to parks being a driver of the overall NBCUniversal growth profile, which they were not this quarter. A big part of it and Mike mentioned this in his introduction was Japan where we faced a number of headwinds and actually went backwards.
If you look out, I think the next big thing on the horizon is Nintendo. Nintendo based on our research is one of the biggest potential drivers of attendance that you could have of any kind of IP. It's up there with Harry Potter, which in some of our parks Harry potter drove incremental attendance of about two million people. So Nintendo is in very rarefied air. And the attraction that we're building in Osaka is spectacular.
From a creative standpoint it's really unbelievable and that opens sometime -- midyear this year and then we're going to bring it to Hollywood and we're going to bring it, obviously, in the fourth gate in Florida. So I think Nintendo is going to be potentially a big accelerator both in the Theme Park business. And then once you get into 2021, we've haven't talked about it maybe as much as we should.
The fact that we're opening a park in Beijing and the fact that the park is so spectacular from a design and creative standpoint, I think is going to generate a lot of growth. And then Brian mentioned in his introduction the fourth gate, which opens in 2023.
So when you look at the capital side of it, these are all high-return projects that all make a ton of business sense. And I think if you look over the next five years it's likely our Theme Park business is going to be a driver of growth. Maybe not quite as much as it has been in the last five years because the growth has been so phenomenal and we're getting to a bigger base now. But I would look at the parks business as a real opportunity for us. We still don't have the share that I think we deserve given the quality of the experience we're giving our guests and it's a lot of opportunity over the next five, 10, 20 years.

one of the statements

So regarding parks if you look over the last five years, our EBITDA or OCF and the park business has almost exactly doubled, so about $2.5 billion as the parks are about one-third of NBCUniversal, 30% of NBCUniversal. And when you have that kind of growth you're used to parks being a driver of the overall NBCUniversal growth profile, which they were not this quarter. A big part of it and Mike mentioned this in his introduction was Japan where we faced a number of headwinds and actually went backwards.
If you look out, I think the next big thing on the horizon is Nintendo. Nintendo based on our research is one of the biggest potential drivers of attendance that you could have of any kind of IP. It's up there with Harry Potter, which in some of our parks Harry potter drove incremental attendance of about two million people. So Nintendo is in very rarefied air. And the attraction that we're building in Osaka is spectacular.
From a creative standpoint it's really unbelievable and that opens sometime -- midyear this year and then we're going to bring it to Hollywood and we're going to bring it, obviously, in the fourth gate in Florida. So I think Nintendo is going to be potentially a big accelerator both in the Theme Park business. And then once you get into 2021, we've haven't talked about it maybe as much as we should.
The fact that we're opening a park in Beijing and the fact that the park is so spectacular from a design and creative standpoint, I think is going to generate a lot of growth. And then Brian mentioned in his introduction the fourth gate, which opens in 2023.
So when you look at the capital side of it, these are all high-return projects that all make a ton of business sense. And I think if you look over the next five years it's likely our Theme Park business is going to be a driver of growth. Maybe not quite as much as it has been in the last five years because the growth has been so phenomenal and we're getting to a bigger base now. But I would look at the parks business as a real opportunity for us. We still don't have the share that I think we deserve given the quality of the experience we're giving our guests and it's a lot of opportunity over the next five, 10, 20 years.

one of the statements
I legit came here to paste this but you beat me to it.

It makes sense to officially say Nintendo is the first thing because like Marvel with IoA, I think it's one of the main GP selling points and per people's guessing, is immediately on the left of the main entrance. They want this park to be unique and this is one of the strongest ways they can start that conversation.

one of the statements
If they’re really on this like with Potter I see no reason to doubt multiple lands in Orlando like Potter got since we have the space for it. This could potentially be even better since the opportunities for different lands are completely unique from each other unlike HP which is all the same story.

Mario ≠ Pokémon ≠ Zelda.
I legit came here to paste this but you beat me to it.

It makes sense to officially say Nintendo is the first thing because like Marvel with IoA, I think it's one of the main GP selling points and per people's guessing, is immediately on the left of the main entrance. They want this park to be unique and this is one of the strongest ways they can start that conversation.
It’s also already opening somewhere else this year so to keep it secret is kind of dumb.

one of the statements
Source?

During a Q4 earnings conference call this morning, Comcast executives confirmed that Super Nintendo World will be a part of Universal Orlando’s new theme park, Universal’s Epic Universe, opening in 2023.

During a Q4 earnings conference call this morning, Comcast executives confirmed that Super Nintendo World will be a part of Universal Orlando’s new theme park, Universal’s Epic Universe, opening in 2023.

Its so wonderful having this all be more and more official now.