Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

That would be great, personally, I want to the ride vehicle in a real life photo...I know that's a long way off probably though
Ya, I’m not sure what we would get to begin with honestly. Id think they would show people in a Mario Kart but with lots of animation around it so it’s definitely edited somewhat. Idk, we shall see. I have no clue what to expect but we are at the point they can likely take real photos of some of the sets

Since many have asked - Tom Williams confirmed construction will continue in a letter to employees.

"Our construction projects around the globe – Super Nintendo World in Osaka and Hollywood, Universal’s Epic Universe in Orlando and Universal Beijing all remain active and on track under protocols established by government officials and with their support."

"Our construction projects around the globe – Super Nintendo World in Osaka and Hollywood, Universal’s Epic Universe in Orlando and Universal Beijing all remain active and on track under protocols established by government officials and with their support."

The big point are those words right there. That means they got Orange Co. to give them the OK to maybe have limited people on site whenever necessary, despite the next 2 week shutdown in the county.

I work in the construction industry. Nothing in my area has stopped or shut down. Some larger companies are staggering start/end times to avoid large gatherings at the office but that's it.

As someone said before a guy in an enclosed piece of equipment is separated from everyone else anyway. Most work crews like Carpenters, concrete crews, electricians carpool anyway so separation on site is a moot point.

I may be wrong but it seems like EU is at a point in construction where things can still progress without large groups of people being exposed to each other. If this had been further along where construction workers, masons, landscapers, artists, etc were working in close proximity.....it might be a different story.

There's some great photos coming out of the construction of Beijing, do you think we'll be getting the same sort of photos during the construction of EU?

There's some great photos coming out of the construction of Beijing, do you think we'll be getting the same sort of photos during the construction of EU?
Probably not the on the ground ones, at least not until some are officially released near the end or on the Comcast official press site... but we should get some great aerial and neighbor shots from apartments or the Orlando eye at least.

For some reason they haven’t been cracking down on workers posting shots on social media on Beijing, and have even had media come in to get photos a few times. It’s pretty awesome actually.

Probably not the on the ground ones, at least not until some are officially released near the end or on the Comcast official press site... but we should get some great aerial and neighbor shots from apartments or the Orlando eye at least.

For some reason they haven’t been cracking down on workers posting shots on social media on Beijing, and have even had media come in to get photos a few times. It’s pretty awesome actually.
They've oddly been open about Nintendo going here in 2023. I don't think any of us expected confirmation on that at this point. So maybe they're relaxing a little bit on bigger projects but are still protecting details.

Idk, the updates in Beijing are dope though. Also what is that ride layout on themeparx, is that for FJ? As a non expert its hard for me to read haha, and its 3D animated.

They've oddly been open about Nintendo going here in 2023. I don't think any of us expected confirmation on that at this point. So maybe they're relaxing a little bit on bigger projects but are still protecting details.

Idk, the updates in Beijing are dope though. Also what is that ride layout on themeparx, is that for FJ? As a non expert its hard for me to read haha, and its 3D animated.

If I'm Universal, I'm completely changing my tune on project hype. The next few years are almost certainly going to be tough sledding in getting guests to come down and travel as-is. Theoretically 2023 (or 2024, whenever EU opens) will be when tourism will hopefully be on the upswing again. filling the next few years with constant hype would pay off big time.

Maybe Universal Orlando could learn from Beijing or are they going to pretend that they're not building a massive new theme park?

If I'm Universal, I'm completely changing my tune on project hype. The next few years are almost certainly going to be tough sledding in getting guests to come down and travel as-is. Theoretically 2023 (or 2024, whenever EU opens) will be when tourism will hopefully be on the upswing again. filling the next few years with constant hype would pay off big time.

I was thinking the same thing about the JP coaster. I understand why Universal doesn't announce projects as it can stop people booking trips until the next new ride is built but if people aren't travelling now, maybe giving people something to aim for a year down the line is a far better way to get people to book in the current climate.

I could not agree more. Obviously not right now but giving something people to look forward to is genuinely going to be a big thing for not only travelers but the general public anyways. People are going to revert back to things that make them comfortable, calm, and happy. Hopefully by late next year or early 2022 people are traveling again and as it was with Hogsmeade, Universal will have the brand new toy in Orlando whenever the mass public goes back to Orlando, AND, they'll have Mario. Especially considering gaming sales are at all time highs (or at least Holiday level sales), having a major gaming land is just going to be SUCH a win. So many more kids than when I was growing up (and I'm 22 lol), play video games now. Mostly cause they're easily accessible on their phones rather than needing to buy a whole device/gaming system.

Universal is gonna be WAAYYYY ahead of things I feel cause of Nintendo, as has prolly been discussed to death here, but all of a sudden being the 3rd SNW to open and having it in 2023 may be a MAJOR win here, and they'll have 2 more rides than Hollywood does. Especially now that people are aware Universal is a resort destination there should be no confusion on this park like "Universal Escape" confused people, lol. I just learned about all that recently and its fascinating tbh I don't understand their marketing then haha.

They're gonna have to change their marketing anyways, they're competing for week long vacations which people book far in advance. Marketing is going to have to change with a 3rd park and they can't hide things like they used to, but that we'll see in due time.

I was thinking the same thing about the JP coaster. I understand why Universal doesn't announce projects as it can stop people booking trips until the next new ride is built but if people aren't travelling now, maybe giving people something to aim for a year down the line is a far better way to get people to book in the current climate.

At the very least JP Coaster could get some more local APs sold. But yea I agree.