Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I poked around a bit for some info. Here are the rumors I was told. Remember these are rumors about on going discussions. They are not a plan yet.

EU, as we know it is dead. Pencil in the 3rd gate for a 2030 Grand Opening. Everything else cancelled except the 2 things below.

They finish up the Velocicoaster and a Diet JW placemaking around the land.

ALL available resources thrown at fast tracking SNW into KidZone so they can try and catch up to Hollywood so they can do a big national ad campaign for both coasts.
Am I a bar person if I actually don’t hate this hypothetical plan?

Obviously, I want EU built the way intended, and it can be, but I verrryyy likely see it without SNW and that means losing their biggest attraction to the park without an immediate replacement. May as well give it time, maybe purchase rights to other properties, new IPs will show, a lot can happen.

SNW seems like the only way to draw crowds back imo so for 2023/2024 they’re gonna need it. I don’t hate this idea then post SNW we see what happens.

SNW seems like the only way to draw crowds back imo so for 2023/2024 they’re gonna need it. I don’t hate this idea then post SNW we see what happens.
If it's going to be that large of a delay, I'd rather they move the Potter E-Ticket to USF. Potter's still popular, and a Ministry attraction would round out the London section of the park. If they move SNW to USF, then they'd lose the expansion space afforded by a third park.

If it's going to be that large of a delay, I'd rather they move the Potter E-Ticket to USF. Potter's still popular, and a Ministry attraction would round out the London section of the park. If they move SNW to USF, then they'd lose the expansion space afforded by a third park.

Not necessarily--if Super Nintendo World moves back to Universal Studio's Florida, it could lead to a chance of Universal, once they are ready to revisit the park plans, to perhaps put one of the two major IP's in, that of Zelda or Pokemon.

As far as Pokemon is concerned--they'd have to have Game Freak and Creatures on-board as consultants, alongside Nintendo themselves. It shouldn't be as hard, especially if they can prove the success of Super Nintendo World, once the time is right.

Not necessarily--if Super Nintendo World moves back to Universal Studio's Florida, it could lead to a chance of Universal, once they are ready to revisit the park plans, to perhaps put one of the two major IP's in, that of Zelda or Pokemon.
Sure, why not. Do the full 14 acre Zelda land with rope course areas a decade from now.

I'm sure all those ride systems will get used sometime within the decade....but man, that Disneysea style hub will be the biggest loss.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
See even if EU isn’t built till the late 20s/early 30s, I don’t think the hub would be the one undergoing major re-work, it’s the lands and the marketability of those lands that will likely need major work. And if they can’t move HTTYD to another spot, does that lose its place? Or does the IP prove to be timeless like Monsters? We’ll have to see.

Sadly while it likely means a super long wait, Monsters should stay here. Fits the best, get that tech right for a Creature boat ride once they begin working on it again, and open both up together to open the land.

My only question, are people saying that they couldn’t build as is because the lands will not be relevant in 10 years? Why would they design a park where lands become irrelevant that quickly?

Or am I misunderstanding the conversation?

See even if EU isn’t built till the late 20s/early 30s, I don’t think the hub would be the one undergoing major re-work, it’s the lands and the marketability of those lands that will likely need major work. And if they can’t move HTTYD to another spot, does that lose its place? Or does the IP prove to be timeless like Monsters? We’ll have to see.

Sadly while it likely means a super long wait, Monsters should stay here. Fits the best, get that tech right for a Creature boat ride once they begin working on it again, and open both up together to open the land.

I say turn TL into Berk. Re-theme Popeyes to the Viking boat ride. Axe Dudley and replace it with the flat they had planned. Repurpose the TL theatre for the show. Easy way to cut a licensing fee to properties no one cares about.

And obviously turn KZ into Nintendo like originally planned.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
My only question, are people saying that they couldn’t build as is because the lands will not be relevant in 10 years? Why would they design a park where lands become irrelevant that quickly?

Or am I misunderstanding the conversation?
To me there’s a difference between opening a land now and having it survive for 10-20-30 years, then pushing it back almost another decade before its grand opening. Of course it could very well sustain though. But opening, and having been opened, are 2 different things to me personally.
I say turn TL into Berk. Re-theme Popeyes to the Viking boat ride. Axe Dudley and replace it with the flat they had planned. Repurpose the TL theatre for the show. Easy way to cut a licensing fee to properties no one cares about.

And obviously turn KZ into Nintendo like originally planned.
The theatre could also go where Dudley’s is hypothetical. Re-route Marvel to the right towards the lagoon and enter on the left further down. Makes sense to me and I think it’s only place it could fit on Universal property.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
If SNW moves to Kidzone, they lose their marquee IP for that park. If that happens, I wouldn't expect to see EU any time soon.

I'm sorry to hear of more layoffs, but with HHN wiped out it was unfortunately inevitable. I hope they get rehired ASAP.
With more time they could always get a Pokémon land ready to replace Mario’s spot at EU. Pokémon is just as if not more popular than Mario.

Any surviving hope we get a 3rd shot at monsters if EU is canceled?
Monsters will come eventually. It'll just take a while.

Easy, put Berk in Lost Continent as a quick fix. Everything can stay except for the coaster. It's not a bad idea really.

I think TL is a smarter spot to replace just because it’s a licensed property.

Yeah, but Toon Lagoon is much larger, has more rides (or rides in general), and is actually popular. Lost Continent -> Berk would be an upgrade, Toon Lagoon -> Berk would be more of a side-grade (unless Universal develops a new e-ticket dark ride for it, which is unlikely given the current situation).

Status
Not open for further replies.