Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely the last thing that should concern anyone right now, but I figured I should ask anyways...

Will the economic effects of the virus affect any of the plans for Epic Universe, or is everything pretty much locked in for future construction?

This is definitely the last thing that should concern anyone right now, but I figured I should ask anyways...

Will the economic effects of the virus affect any of the plans for Epic Universe, or is everything pretty much locked in for future construction?

I'll say the same thing I always do:

Until something is built and open, nothing is guaranteed

I am trying to figure out what is being speculated at, The Hub is Epic's Citiwalk ? Each individual land to have own entrance Gate ? The Hotel @ the back will have direct entrance to the Hub ?
So each Land will be it own Theme Park (small as they are to start)
Once Hub is completed could they do a staggered opening for each land ? Could they then stagger operating Hours to enhance flow of guests ?
I know until it is released by Universal this is all speculation .

I am trying to figure out what is being speculated at, The Hub is Epic's Citiwalk ? Each individual land to have own entrance Gate ? The Hotel @ the back will have direct entrance to the Hub ?
So each Land will be it own Theme Park (small as they are to start)
Once Hub is completed could they do a staggered opening for each land ? Could they then stagger operating Hours to enhance flow of guests ?
I know until it is released by Universal this is all speculation .
This is what people are speculating on. Keep in mind that most of everyone on these boards believes TPU had old information, and were wrong even at the time of reporting that article. (Though I'll point out they got the structure of the lands/hub/hotel correct before others had reported on it. Much of their information is still in line with current rumors, aside from the name of the park, which many believe UOR changed at the last minute.)

Also keep in mind that many believe facial recognition (another rumor spread primarily by TPU) is required for open hub to work. And since facial recognition is rumored to be dropped, I think some are assuming that has changed UOR's plans for open hub. (Keep in mind UOR is still researching facial recognition for US, and they are moving forward with it in China.)

Last edited:
If anything, while it may not be Citywalk 2.0 its going to act as such for the hub of the park. Theres rumors for entertainment, possibly close to 10 restaurants (?), shopping, its essentially CityWalk in the middle of a theme park. I think one of the biggest speculations right now is that the lands themselves may close around 6/7 to force guests out to the Hub, and at that point in the evening the Hub will no longer require ticket access. This is the best theory/speculation/idea I've heard on here for how it will work. There is not believed to be a separate "city walk" than from what we see in the concept art for Epic Universe, to my knowledge.

I agree with everything you said, but just to add one thing...
There is not believed to be a separate "city walk" than from what we see in the concept art for Epic Universe, to my knowledge.
Some believe that there is a separate entertainment district, unless they've quietly changed their minds.

I'll point out that some believe that there is a separate entertainment district, unless they've quietly changed their minds.
Hm, maybe I just keep getting confused and lost with these hub rumors but my latest thought was that its the 3 hotels and the park (hub included) at opening? With room for an entertainment/dining district and another theme park with hotels in the "Phase 2". I think there's probably lots of possibilities

Hm, maybe I just keep getting confused and lost with these hub rumors but my latest thought was that its the 3 hotels and the park (hub included) at opening? With room for an entertainment/dining district and another theme park with hotels in the "Phase 2". I think there's probably lots of possibilities
Yes I agree. Honestly I think they are just wrong thinking that there's an entertainment district also planned beyond what you mentioned. My question has always been, "where?"

I mean, imagine that these two things were true:

1) The hub is a part of the theme park. It's never open or free. (A popular belief here on these forums.)

2) There's going to be an entertainment district. (As UOR mentioned during EU press.)

If those two things are true... You couldn't reasonably consider the hub to be the entertainment district... I mean, you'd have to pay $100 to get to the entrainment district? This is not what UOR was hinting at, clearly, so the only way to make those two things true is for this third thing to be true:
3) There's an entertainment district planned outside of the hub/theme park.

I don't think the above is true, but I think that's their line of thinking

Last edited:
Yes I agree. Honestly I think they are just wrong thinking that there's an entertainment district also planned beyond what you mentioned. My question has always been, "where?"

I mean, imagine that these two things were true:

1) The hub is a part of the theme park. It's never open or free. (A popular belief here on these forums.)

2) There's going to be an entertainment district. (As UOR mentioned during EU press.)

If those two things are true... You couldn't reasonably consider the hub to be the entertainment district... I mean, you'd have to pay $100 to get to the entrainment district? This is not what UOR was hinting at, clearly, so the only way to make those two things true is for this third thing to be true:
3) There's an entertainment district planned outside of the hub/theme park.

I don't think the above is true, but I think that's their line of thinking
I agree with everything you said, but as major corporations have proven before, what they say may not always be true. I fully believe they tossed around the concept of the Hub being free, and thats why it was mentioned. It just seems like there's no where else currently being built that could support this. I think the Hub is going to be meant to be the entertainment district, however they price it will be a different thing. They may have the facial recognition thing, or tickets that scan only for the Hub if that's where you are going and tickets that work for both the lands and the hub. But, thats too confusing. I think ultimately the lands close around 7:00 or they stop entry then, and the Hub becomes free in the evening so they can make all the money from Dinner and whatever entertainment options they do have.

If not, then they must be discussing phase 2. Which is so far out to speculate even. So I think really, this is probably the biggest general question we have left for EU (other than ride specifics which we likely won't get until 2023 anyways) so it'll be interesting to see what they do. Id think they'd want to hit big on lunch since the lands themselves are only going to have 1 or at most 2 dining locations attached to them. But, we may not know where the main profits come from. It may really only be from 6pm on, which would make sense to then label this as the entertainment district. Idk man, we'll see but I think with all the rumors out there there's some truth in the middle of it. What it is we just don't seem to know.

I agree with everything you said, but just to add one thing...

Some believe that there is a separate entertainment district, unless they've quietly changed their minds.
Depends on what they classify as an entertainment district

All I know is that I would NOT like having to pull out my pass or ticket just to go from land to land. I hardly use the Hogwarts express, especially if i'm near the entrance to each park. I' try to plan my day so I have a reason to leave each park and that would be to eat at citywalk. It would get old quick if I have to leave a land and wait to enter another or encounter large crowds of non park gowers. Usually when that happens now is late at night for the clubs and i'm generally heading out the resort at that time.

Idk all I have for a prediction for now is, this park seems extremely interactive heavy. I cannot imagine one of these shows won’t involve a guest in some format. Just which one is the question

I'm pooping myself over the budget cuts that might come to EU because of the financial implications of coronavirus
Agreed, it's not good

The tourism declined happened after IOA was already built...This is happening before EU is being built, and I would say this is much much worse

At this point, I hope the project is not put on hold until further notice...I hope it doesn't come to that

Im just going to assume this is 2024 at this point, maybe too early to be thinking like that but the longterm effects of this will be felt for likely years (emphasis on plural). Even when the parks open up by the summer (if then) its not like people will be flocking to Orlando. Every citizen in the country is losing $ in some capacity and likely won't be gearing up for their normal vacations again until at least 2021, if not 2022. I think thats just gonna make UOR take a major hit I can't not see it. Hoping it cuts other projects rather than anything from this one.

I get wanting to feel under control during this time but predicting budget cuts on large projects like this three years out isn't going to help or be accurate.

I get wanting to feel under control during this time but predicting budget cuts on large projects like this three years out isn't going to help or be accurate.
I know this may come off cynical but id just shut this thread down for now then, honestly. One of the only things we'll have in general for these parks for awhile is to speculate, especially regarding the biggest project happening of interest for people on this site. Obviously our predictions likely aren't accurate, but what else are we to discuss? If you're planning on making comments like yours (which are fair) I think its better to lock these threads now because if not this is what we'll be discussing in this thread for quite some time. Like I don't see any other discussion about EU other than budget talk for awhile not assuming life isn't back to normal soon. Just saying, if you don't want us speculating about these things id lock these threads now because I'm not sure what else there is for us all to discuss, and it'd save work for you guys. Just my genuine two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.