Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wizard of Oz portion of Great Movie Ride is so popular for weddings it is booked years in advance. The after hours bookings alone for the area would make Universal a fortune. Merchandise is always a big seller. Best of all in would be a big draw for the little princess crowd.

Just think of the potential for Minions vs Munchkins. Now if we could only get Oompa Loompas.

Not to get this too off-topic as we have the appropriate thread: Are Shows Universal? | Page 10 | Orlando United Forums

But someone has to remind Universal that the theme park experience is not solely based on big flashy ride experiences. The fact that every Disney resort around the world has opened a new show this year says something.

Main reason why its in this thread is due to the fact, any large show would be in a third park.

Wicked is only shown on a regular basis in New York. They have a traveling show but it goes to select cities. I think the IP would be a massive draw- They sell out basically all of their shows.

The frequency of the touring shows makes it inevitable to be a huge draw. And its not just hitting big cities to limit who sees the show like Lion King, its hitting small cities with decent sized venue, universities, etc. The market is getting smaller for those who haven't seen it. You would then have to justify why would they want to go pay on top of hotel, food, theme park tickets, etc to see Wicked at Universal when they just saw Wicked downtown 45 miles away last month.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Alexshow
Nothing on horror musicals. There are some very interesting projects involving the legendary award winning Alan Menken (wonder how they poached him from Disney) not including Lidsville for Dreamworks and they are still trying to get Breakfast club off the ground after a failed trial run. So I really have no clue whats in store for the park.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
@quinnmac000 said a very good point that Wicked is a Broadway play that can be virtually seen everywhere in various forms of time.

While I would absolutely love Wicked in the parks..I have my doubts.

It's probably the best show I've seen. I think it deserves a place outside the parks though. If it went into CityWalk with a show and a meal deal, I'd be all over it.

Another thread got me thinking about other aspects of a new park than simply what rides and attractions are there. Will it have a parade? Will it be designed to better accommodate parades?

Will it have its own special events in the evenings during the offseason to bring in crowds? What kind of event? Universal has HHN but nothing for the kids. Orlando already has plenty of food, flowers and music events. I would hope for something original.

DHS had Star Wars, ESPN and Soap Days. Universal is at heart a movie studio, so maybe it could have movie events. Each week could be honoring a different classic movie, TV show or franchise complete with a number of the stars live and in person. I am sure there are much better ideas but this is the first that came to mind.

If I would build a third theme park, with the parks Universal currently has in mind, I would copy the hell out of Magic Kingdom but better.
First we need a castle, we take the one from The Witcher 3 DLC.
The main street is in the same vain, mediterranean/fantasy.
57a04caca859dbed21fa2dc9e7bbda9478b673059bfeb719f19f60af43565f41.jpg

Then I would give all IP's that are kids related a home in the wheel and spokes park design.
Lets start with Dreamswork:
Madagascar: Tropical setting with the "I like to move it, move it" stage show. Universal already has a boat ride for that IP but half of it doesn't work so it needs to be re-designed. I also take the carousel,
ship-housing-the-madagascar-ride-big.jpg

Next to it in Singapore is Shrek and I don't see why not. Sure I take the theming but there will be no movie inside the castle. It will be a dark ride telling a complete new story of the lovable ogre. Sure there will be screens in this ride extending the backdrops or for special effects. And it'll have a song that makes the word 'earworm' obsolete. The ride also goes trough the castle's dining hall (serving Shrek special food). Entering the marketplace you have the 'welcome in Duloc' puppet show.
IMG-Universal-Studios-Singapore-97.jpg

Do you know How to train your Dragon? You will be after visiting this little village on an island.
The main ride is a flight on the dragons in the same vain as Arthur im konigreich der Minimos. The slow moving hanging coaster that moves in and outside the mountain range. The ride will combine AA's with stunning screens to give beautiful vista's and to simulate fast flight. In the arena there will be an shocking stunningly hour long version of the How to train your Dragon live spectacular show but now it's a musical but uses the puppets. Also tune in for Viking food.
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.jpg

Lets go to Japan to Po's village and visit the temple on the mountain. Sure that mountain could be called Splash mountain but this one tells a heroic and funny story about the panda and it's friends. And yes there will be dumplings in his dad's restaurant to eat.
Kung-Fu-Panda-Village-Marketplace-Fine-Art.jpg

No let's go to He-man....what you don't know who he is? I get that but when the park is open the new animation shows are running and kids go ape over Skull Castle! It could look something like this and it'll house a walkthrough attraction with real life actors telling an exciting story... or something else.
1374282843_grayskull_by_nathanrosario-d3can2z.jpg

Trough the dense forest with little streams you you find yourself in front of a grotto. On the other side you have Illumination City and it's huge! It has Gru's street with the home and behind it we can visit his lair/lab where we go on a crazy ride that is a custom wild mouse like (dark)ride but there are more small rides in there for the young and young at hart.
In the city center there is the Sing It Theater. No it's not a show but a trackless 3D dark ride where you and your ride companion each choose an animal. That animal is portrayed in the scene's with the 3 other ones in your cart. And this ride is interactive. No, no guns but microfoons because you have to be on time for auditions, rehearsals and try outs. If you don't like to sing the voice actor will take over but there is no change to win the show.
One part of the city is a Secret Life of Animals ride.
DM-USH-Attraction-961x421_Exterior-961x421.jpg

Remember this are just the highlights. There will be a park wide parade, nighttime parade and a castle show.

If I would build a third theme park, with the parks Universal currently has in mind, I would copy the hell out of Magic Kingdom but better.

Then I would give all IP's that are kids related a home in the wheel and spokes park design.
Madagascar: Tropical setting with the "I like to move it, move it" stage show. Universal already has a boat ride for that IP but half of it doesn't work so it needs to be re-designed. I also take the carousel,

Next to it in Singapore is Shrek and I don't see why not. Sure I take the theming but there will be no movie inside the castle. It will be a dark ride telling a complete new story of the lovable ogre. Sure there will be screens in this ride extending the backdrops or for special effects. And it'll have a song that makes the word 'earworm' obsolete. The ride also goes trough the castle's dining hall (serving Shrek special food). Entering the marketplace you have the 'welcome in Duloc' puppet show.

Do you know How to train your Dragon? You will be after visiting this little village on an island.
The main ride is a flight on the dragons in the same vain as Arthur im konigreich der Minimos. The slow moving hanging coaster that moves in and outside the mountain range. The ride will combine AA's with stunning screens to give beautiful vista's and to simulate fast flight. In the arena there will be an shocking stunningly hour long version of the How to train your Dragon live spectacular show but now it's a musical but uses the puppets. Also tune in for Viking food.

Lets go to Japan to Po's village and visit the temple on the mountain. Sure that mountain could be called Splash mountain but this one tells a heroic and funny story about the panda and it's friends. And yes there will be dumplings in his dad's restaurant to eat.

No let's go to He-man....what you don't know who he is? I get that but when the park is open the new animation shows are running and kids go ape over Skull Castle! It could look something like this and it'll house a walkthrough attraction with real life actors telling an exciting story... or something else.

Trough the dense forest with little streams you you find yourself in front of a grotto. On the other side you have Illumination City and it's huge! It has Gru's street with the home and behind it we can visit his lair/lab where we go on a crazy ride that is a custom wild mouse like (dark)ride but there are more small rides in there for the young and young at hart.
In the city center there is the Sing It Theater. No it's not a show but a trackless 3D dark ride where you and your ride companion each choose an animal. That animal is portrayed in the scene's with the 3 other ones in your cart. And this ride is interactive. No, no guns but microfoons because you have to be on time for auditions, rehearsals and try outs. If you don't like to sing the voice actor will take over but there is no change to win the show.

Remember this are just the highlights. There will be a park wide parade, nighttime parade and a castle show.
If you ever build that park I promise to be the first in line. :cheers:

Nice...you inspired me to do something like this.

Reactions: tielo
DHS no longer does ESPN. Which I never understood why they stopped them. I went several years and they seemed very popular. Especially since that park could use help.
They are all gone. I did mention HAD. DHS does need any help with attendance anymore apparently. All they needed was Frozen, Star Wars shows and :pixie:.

He-Man isn't happening :lol: not when they've got Jurassic World, Wicked/Oz, the Classic Monsters, Nintendo, DreamWorks and Illumination at their disposal.

A kid-focused 3rd gate would be smart, given how thrills-oriented the first two parks are. These ten seem like they'd make for a good lineup.
  • DreamWorks
  • Illumination
  • Laika
  • Zelda
  • Pokemon
  • Wicked/Oz
  • Classic Monsters
  • Jurassic World
  • Syfy City
  • Greek/Roman-exclusive Lost Continent (old one then replaced with Whoville expansion for Seuss Landing or Wonka mini-land)

He-Man isn't happening :lol: not when they've got Jurassic World, Wicked/Oz, the Classic Monsters, Nintendo, DreamWorks and Illumination at their disposal.

A kid-focused 3rd gate would be smart, given how thrills-oriented the first two parks are. These ten seem like they'd make for a good lineup.
  • DreamWorks
  • Illumination
  • Laika
  • Zelda
  • Pokemon
  • Wicked/Oz
  • Classic Monsters
  • Jurassic World
  • Syfy City
  • Greek/Roman-exclusive Lost Continent (old one then replaced with Whoville expansion for Seuss Landing or Wonka mini-land)
A Wonka mini land would be sweet.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.