Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 449 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Beasts is Potter, which has the best attractions Universal has ever done. You can be sure that the land will be great. Meanwhile, DreamWorks is a Universal-owned property with so many IP's within it. That could be a bad thing if they choose to do as many IP's if they can, or if they decide to go cheaper because they have no one quality-checking the land.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but DreamWorks is my biggest worry for this park.

But Monsters is a Universal IP as well, and you're not worried about that :tease:

Yea, I googled that after your post.

I've literally never heard of this before. I think if it was an actual concept, it probably never moved very far. King has been pretty firm on not wanting his properties in a theme park. HHN has tried to get him on board in the past, and there is just no interest.
I was about to say “didn’t they get The Shining?” but then I remembered it was hammered hard that it was “Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining.”

1) Nintendo
2) DreamWorks
3) Monsters
4) Fantastic Beasts

That's my rankings when it comes to anticipation for the worlds.

Keeping in mind that everything is execution-dependent, here's my ranking which tries to balance my relative interest in the properties with the ride possibilities:

1. Nintendo
2. Monsters
3. Fantastic Beasts
4. DreamWorks

For context, I care more about the Monsters than I do Nintendo (though it's close and they both hit my nostalgia buttons hard), but - given what we already know - Nintendo's rides will be awesome.

I mean FB has decent ride ideas. A ride based on the beasts should do well.

A dark ride tour through Newt's menagerie seems like a no-brainer for at least one attraction. That could be a slower, all-ages offering to compliment a more thrill-ride-centric Ministry of Magic attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.