Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's The Invisible Woman

Ive given her too many chances as a director, so I'm most likely out. That being said, I still like the woman and she does a solid job marketing so it may entice me enough to buy a ticket but we shall see.

Ive given her too many chances as a director, so I'm most likely out. That being said, I still like the woman and she does a solid job marketing so it may entice me enough to buy a ticket but we shall see.

??? She's only directed two movies one which was a success "Pitch Perfect 2" and one that wasn't "Charlie's Angels"

??? She's only directed two movies one which was a success "Pitch Perfect 2" and one that wasn't "Charlie's Angels"
I thought she did Pitch Perfect 3 as well? Sorry if that was incorrect. Nonetheless, those 3 don't inspire me much confidence here. I want to be wrong because I enjoy her as a performer but nothing from the direction side of things has impressed me minus the marketing of her films, which I'm not sure she has tons of control over.

I thought she did Pitch Perfect 3 as well? Sorry if that was incorrect. Nonetheless, those 3 don't inspire me much confidence here. I want to be wrong because I enjoy her as a performer but nothing from the direction side of things has impressed me minus the marketing of her films, which I'm not sure she has tons of control over.

She didn't direct Pitch Perfect 3.

I don't get why we're getting 2 invisible "Monsters"....?

Because its part of Universal Monster/Horror History

Invisible Man 1933,
The Invisible Ray 1936,
Invisible Man Returns 1940,
The Invisible Woman 1940,
Invisible Agent 1942
Invisible Man's Revenge 1947

Also Invisible Woman was a horror comedy...
The wealthy lawyer Dick Russell (John Howard) funds the dotty old inventor Professor Gibbs (John Barrymore) to create an invisibility device. The first test subject for this machine is Kitty Carroll (Virginia Bruce), a department store model who had been fired from her previous job. The machine proves quite successful, and Kitty uses her invisible state to pay back her sadistic former boss, Mr. Growley (Charles Lane).

While the Professor and the invisible Kitty are off visiting the lodge of the millionaire Russell, the gangster Blackie Cole (Oscar Homolka) sends in his gang of moronic thugs (including Shemp Howard) to steal the device. With the machine back at their hideout, however, they cannot get it to work. By now, Kitty has returned to visibility, and the thugs are sent in to kidnap her and Gibbs. However, she has learned that some alcohol will restore her to invisibility, and uses this to defeat the gang (with help from Russell).

At the end of the film, it is revealed she has married and become a mother. To top it off, she and the professor learn that her treatment has apparently become hereditary, as her infant son vanishes upon being rubbed with an alcohol-based lotion.

Because its part of Universal Monster/Horror History

Invisible Man 1933,
The Invisible Ray 1936,
Invisible Man Returns 1940,
The Invisible Woman 1940,
Invisible Agent 1942
Invisible Man's Revenge 1947

Yes, I understand that....

What I mean is that it's very close releases for similar characters. Out of the 4 Monster films "in production", we have 2 based on the Invisible series.

EDIT: Sorry, 5. Forgot about Renfield.

The same women whose recent film Charlie's Angels bombed at the box office and who stated the film was only for women then blames men for not seeing the movie? I rather prefer someone else with good quality to take over instead.

The same women whose recent film Charlie's Angels bombed at the box office and who stated the film was only for women then blames men for not seeing the movie? I rather prefer someone else with good quality to take over instead.

InsistentPerkyGilamonster-size_restricted.gif

Yes, I understand that....

What I mean is that it's very close releases for similar characters. Out of the 4 Monster films "in production", we have 2 based on the Invisible series.

EDIT: Sorry, 5. Forgot about Renfield.

So how the films getting chosen works like this. All Universal monsters movie get pitched to the Dark Universe team who is no longer working on franchise based films. If they like the pitch, they push it up to leadership. So far, we know of 5 pitches that were approved. But one of them wasn't publicly released by Universal and was a leak which makes me believe there are a lot more pitches and approved projects just not announced yet.

Exact quote: “Look, people have to buy tickets to this movie, too. This movie has to make money,” she said. “If this movie doesn’t make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men don’t go see women do action movies.”

Don't see man blaming anywhere in her statement. But moving on from that topic because its way too political and will lead to a mess like all the Captain Marvel reddit threads.

Exact quote: “Look, people have to buy tickets to this movie, too. This movie has to make money,” she said. “If this movie doesn’t make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men don’t go see women do action movies.”

Don't see man blaming anywhere in her statement.

Uhh, the bolded part is literally blaming men for not seeing the movie when in reality it fails in recapturing the magic of the 2000 movie. We don't mind women do action movies, it's just that the film sucks then blame sexism as the reason for the film's failure.

So how the films getting chosen works like this. All Universal monsters movie get pitched to the Dark Universe team who is no longer working on franchise based films. If they like the pitch, they push it up to leadership. So far, we know of 5 pitches that were approved. But one of them wasn't publicly released by Universal and was a leak which makes me believe there are a lot more pitches and approved projects just not announced yet.

Well, as it stands now, it's 2 out of the known 5. If a plan comes that clears it up, it would definitely make more sense. Until then, it's head-scratching.

Uhh, the bolded part is literally blaming men for not seeing the movie when in reality it fails in recapturing the magic of the 2000 movie. We don't mind women do action movies, it's just that the film sucks then blame sexism as the reason for the film's failure.

Please drop it.

This seems like a mistake. I like that they aren't rushing any Dark Universe franchise ambitions, but this all seems a little too disparate...

By the way, just because something's "announced" or dated, doesn't mean it's coming. Where's Bill Condon's Bride of Frankenstein or Chris Columbus's Five Nights at Freddy's?

There are, of course, even more films in active development that have yet to be announced...

If Universal wants to pursue reimaginings of the INVISIBLE MAN spin-offs, INVISIBLE AGENT is really the one with potential. A World War II horror adventure spy-thriller? Sign me up for that immediately.

This seems like a mistake. I like that they aren't rushing any Dark Universe franchise ambitions, but this all seems a little too disparate...

By the way, just because something's "announced" or dated, doesn't mean it's coming. Where's Bill Condon's Bride of Frankenstein or Chris Columbus's Five Nights at Freddy's?

There are, of course, even more films in active development that have yet to be announced...

Stuck in development hell forever, hopefully. FNaF is a game I would enjoy if not for the horrible fanbase it ended up drawing. I mainly just don't want to see it at HHN.