Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UO Annual Pass Fall 2018 Price Increase/Free 3-6 Month Promo

Aug 7, 2018
Universal Orlando

"For Renewals Oct. 4, 2018–Apr. 4, 2019
When you renew your Premier or Preferred Pass you’ll automatically get six extra months free. And if you’re a Power or Seasonal Passholder, you’ll get three extra months free"

This seriously fixed my dilemma for whether I should renew or not!

Sure sounding that they may have had some slippage in AP numbers. Six months for the top two tiers is a pretty aggressive move.

Could be slippage, but I don't think that's the case.

I think they want the cash now and give the APs an easy alternative for Galaxy's Edge open. I think they know the lines will be horrific so I'd rather go to UO and do what I like then wait all day to be one of the first to do Star Wars.

:look: Still paying my same 2005 flex pay payment.
How have you managed that?! I've been on flex pay since 2008 or 2009 and they've raised my rate 3 times. I pay more than twice as much per month for the 2 parks than I did when I started

By not doing anything and never speaking with them about it. I still pay $32 a month for two preferred passes.
That's what I pay for 1 preferred pass and my only interactions have been a couple reprints over the years. The waived $10 fee wasn't worth it >:O

That is a great deal and a smart way to help Disney with crowd control for Black Mountains on a Stick land. It's so magical when parks work together to help each other. It's also a great way to give their pass-holders the chance to ride the sh*t out of the new Potter Tree Coaster.

I noticed they changed up the Volcano Bay blackout dates, next year it'll be Jul. 14 – Aug. 18, 2019, before 4pm. That before 4pm part is really interesting, the best time to go to Volcano bay crowds was always fairly late in the day (particularly after an afternoon thunderstorm).

Do we know if this will be valid if we are upgrading a ticket at the park? I had to purchase 3-park 4-day promo tickets as part of my vaca package but plan to upgrade to a seasonal or power pass after the Mannheim steamroller concert when we are there.

Before the standard “vacation packages don’t save money” statements come in, my work offers a big discount when booking vacation packages at UOR, it knocked off $300 off the price if I had purchased separately.

Since the price was increased, if I get the additional 3-months it won’t be so bad, but if I don’t get those, then I feel like I got screwed.

By not doing anything and never speaking with them about it. I still pay $32 a month for two preferred passes.
Lucky!!! I had mine from cut off from being grandfathered at the same time they had their last major increase on AP's. Went from like $13 a month to $30 or whatever it was before this most recent hike.

Dumb question, but I'm on flex pay right now. Do I call and request to renew to a one time payment + 6 months free? Yes I know I should know this but I've been on flex pay for so long I forgot.

Dumb question, but I'm on flex pay right now. Do I call and request to renew to a one time payment + 6 months free? Yes I know I should know this but I've been on flex pay for so long I forgot.

I believe that is the customary way to do that, yes.

:look: Still paying my same 2005 flex pay payment.
Same for me, I'm still locked into the 2008 rate. Every time they do one of these 3/6 months free things I worry it's going to trigger some new rate, but I've been assured it won't.

Same for me, I'm still locked into the 2008 rate. Every time they do one of these 3/6 months free things I worry it's going to trigger some new rate, but I've been assured it won't.

How? I used to be locked into my 2011 rate until they did that change to FlexPay...2 years ago, I think. Haven't changed my pass, still actually on a non-resident price even though I've been a resident since 2012, but it goes up with each price increase now (I know I can have them change the rate to resident pricing since the addition of VB, but I also know they'll put up a fight to get it done, and I haven't decided if I want to add VB yet).