1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

UOR Admission Price Increases [April 2019]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Universal' started by Joe, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

1. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

2. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Step one is done. Step two should be to raise the APs significantly more. In particular the seasonal (or just drop it altogether). I know, heresy. But I’m selfish and want the little guy left out in the cold so I can have less crowds. :fight:

truejonas likes this.
  3. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

It's pretty wild how cheap APs are.

A 3-Park non-FL-resident Premier Pass is $587.19. That's the equivalent of buying 5 1-day value passes.

* Yes I know that's a flawed comparison but I'm just trying to prove a point. You would think that the difference between a one-day pass and an AP would be orders of magnitude.

4. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

They make more money off of you the more you come/stay...So it makes sense

The APs and multiday are far more reasonable price wise...I'm pretty sure that's on purpose

Mad Dog and GadgetGuru like this.
  5. Happytycho

Happytycho Rookie

The IU front page article says
    And I don't think that's quite correct.

Andysol likes this.
  6. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Why is that?

7. Evan

Evan Rookie

Wow. They are charging the same as WDW... but close parks earlier... and I’m just at a loss.

therock and GadgetGuru like this.
  8. Happytycho

Happytycho Rookie

I assume they increased by $10 not to $10.

therock and Andysol like this.
  9. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

This is such a difference from the way UOR prices hotels.

Disney has been making everything super expensive. Yet, Universal keeps raising ticket prices while keeping hotel prices reasonable. Most of their value hotels are actually quite cheap.

It just seems super weird to me. You either make everything pricer (get more money out of guests) or you make everything cheaper (attract more guests). Universal's all over the place when it comes to pricing.

10. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Eeek! Will fix. Lol

therock and Andysol like this.
  11. bob albert

bob albert Veteran Member

The hotels aren't operating at a loss that requires higher ticket prices. Also the convenience of on site at universal is less pronounced due to the fact that the resort and surrounding area is more compact than the Disney sprawl. They probably feel the need to be a bit more competitive with area hotels. You can chalk up cheaper hotels to less infrastructure cost and sustained occupancy too I'm sure.
    Prices are sky high enough as it is. I think you should pay more for daily express or the premium annual pass in that case which already make waits longer for those "little guys" aka the middle class. But hey in modern america some people are trained to advocate for the corporation to screw the middle class to benefit rich people. God help us if the filthy plebs getting in the way of their experience.

And remember Disney has cheap non peak season passes as well. They are just only available to Florida residents. They are pretty much the only ones in the industry that block people from entire tiers of passes. I expect universal keep the current system and just raise pass prices in relation current ticket prices. The trend still is to punish anyone getting a 1 day and discount multi days. For the amount of stuff to do and benefits needs the universal passes can be a worse value than Disney for some people even though they start cheaper.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:56 PM
  12. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Exactly! Glad we agree on that.

13. Happytycho

Happytycho Rookie

I would guess that the people buying just single day tickets spend the least on things things like food and souvenirs when compared to onsite guests and those with annual passes.

Those who stay onsite are a more captive audience and therefore likely to eat more at Universal's restaurants (and at the nicer/more expensive ones) and spend more time in the various gift shops. I presume that Universal recognizes they have off property competition and don't want to limit the other revenue sources by pricing guests out of staying on property.

GadgetGuru likes this.
  14. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Probably a significant percentage of the one days are WDW tourists coming down for a day of Potter. Universal probably figures that they may as well soak them for as much as they can for that one day trip.

15. TommyJK

TommyJK Rookie

Ya. If they're only raising one and two day tickets, I agree it's totally to get the "I'm spending 10 days at WDW but want to do a day or two at Universal" crowd.

Mad Dog likes this.
  16. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

I don't mind price increases (AP). But, they need to stop having early park closings. 7PM at minimum except for HHN nights.

OhHaiInternet95 and therock like this.