1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

UOR Admission Price Increases [April 2019]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Universal' started by Joe, Apr 16, 2019.

1. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I do wonder how much they actually make on Grad Bash...It will be nice once they have the new park, I could see Studios becoming the event park even more than it already is

2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I can tell you that the park projections during Grad Bash are not high. Around 22-25K at the most. The kids do spend a lot more money than you would think, however.

shiekra38 likes this.
  3. snayberry

snayberry Veteran Member

Just saw this thread. I'm glad I upgraded my FL seasonal 3 park AP. They gave me 20% off and 6 extra months for upgrading to Preferred. 18 months and 3 parks for $385 is a great deal.

Coasted, tielo, therock and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I'd guess three of the reasons for still holding grad bash are * It's a holdover event from the times Universal had weak late April/early & mid May attendance *Providing an intro to Universal parks for an age group that is, and will be, in their prime demographic *Good community relations....That said, with all of these new hotel rooms and increased attendance in the spring, I would think grad bash's days are numbered

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    truejonas likes this.
  5. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

It's also a pain in the butt to coordinate. Lots of buses to park, extra security, etc. ... but it makes them money. With FW coming soon I don't think there will be a problem with Grad Bash once it opens.

truejonas and tielo like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Most of the days that Grad Bash are held on are slow days in the park still. The only reason April was as busy as it was this year was because of the late Easter.

7. Bobharlem

Bobharlem Member

Anyone know what is closing both parks early on May 14th? It's not a grad event (Bash or venture), and I'm not sure who would be doing a buyout at both parks.

tankart150 and Coasted like this.
  8. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

This. My first "adult" trip to UOR was as a high school freshman, and it created an AP after a few years (which then caused three more familial APs and numerous multiday tickets for friends). Wasn't GradBash (which is mostly Florida, IIRC), but that school trip definitely paid off for them.

tankart150 and Mad Dog like this.
  9. tankart150

tankart150 Member

If they ban smoking and e-cigs it’ll help.

truejonas and Andysol like this.