1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Upcharge Fastpasses Coming to Disney World

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Disney' started by Bobharlem, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Bobharlem

Bobharlem Rookie

From Twiter, looks like $50 for 3 extra fastpasses is coming (per person)

2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

and probably more twists to come when GESW opens.

3. Ultranel

Ultranel Member

stupid just got stupider. awesome!

tankart150 likes this.
  4. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

I think that price is ridiculous but if you're staying at club level then it's probably a bargain.

5. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

It's no different than Universal, in theory- pay to play. Albiet WAY more expensive.

That said, if they roll it out to all on-site rooms, holy hell. Get ready for worst wait times in history.

Ashhanbre likes this.
  6. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

Premium, tiered pricing is definitely getting more attention in the industry on a whole. Six Flags is likely rolling out a 4-level tiered membership format. With each tier you get better parking; more skip-the-line passes; bigger discounts on everything including merch, food, and tickets for friends; exclusive concert seating; re-ride privileges for upcharge attractions; private park entrance; exclusive ride times; their own customer service line. It was incredibly extensive. While getting feedback for it, Six Flags even had (many!) questions point-blank asking if loyal guests should be treated better than everyone else. The message was clear and the new pricing is expected to go into effect his year.

Theme parks already have their premium experiences, but they've always felt very optional. Or at the very least, incentives for staying onsite, when it comes to resorts like Disney and Universal. But within a few years, I think premium uncharges are going to feel more and more necessary to have a good time.

SeventyOne likes this.
  7. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

So on top of how expensive a Club Level room can be at the Deluxe hotels, another $50 per person. The Universal premier hotels continue to look more and more attractive.

8. Bulldog45

Bulldog45 Rookie

I'd much rather stay in a regular room at the Portofino, Hard Rock or Royal Pacific and take advantage of unlimited Express for all the rides. Cya Mickey :wave:

9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Yep, and I can book a room at Portofino for half what the Grand Floridian or Polynesian costs. And I get bigger rooms, a better hotel, better pools and free unlimited Express Pass for all the attractions. Really easy choice. And if I want to go to WDW, I just take a walk down to Portofino's garage, start up my car, take the easy access ramp near CBBR to I4,and have an easy 15-20 minute drive to WDW.

10. Ultranel

Ultranel Member

Universal did it differently. They completely got rid of Universal Express and turn it into a Hotel Guest amenity or an Upcharge Service. FP+ is that, "now" plus still offering free FPs for the rest of the guests.... Unfortunately they give a 100% of FP capacity to Hotel Guest a month in advance leaving regular guest with the least favorite choices... They should do like Universal, but I guess they rather create some flow for the attractions that are not attracting... THIS is one of my personal reasons why DL is better than WDW. Went there for the very 1st time last October and never had an issue with FP.

tankart150 and shiekra38 like this.
  11. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    This is my greatest concern about where this sort of thing is leading.

12. snayberry

snayberry Member

For real, at least it comes as a free perk for staying at the resort and the fast pass is unlimited.

Ashhanbre, Bulldog45 and Mad Dog like this.
  13. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

IDK, I'd hate to see Disney with everyone at a high end hotel having unlimited FP's. I think the wait times for some rides would be astronomical.

14. jtsalien

jtsalien Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run. Premium Member

True. But is that a fair comparison? You give all Disney Deluxe guests unlimited FP+ and see what that does to wait times.

I really don't have a problem with the rumor. Maybe it should be free with club level? But they certainly deserve the perk more than anyone.

15. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

I'm saying Disney Deluxe Club Level guests are paying enough that they shouldn't be charged even more for them.

16. jtsalien

jtsalien Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run. Premium Member

I think the question is, is this a revenue thing or GSAT thing? I feel like there' better ways to generate revenue than this, that most guests wouldn't see. With absolute no interal knowledge, this seems to me like a situation where this high paying guests were saying we want more FPs, what can I do to get that?

I could be reading this totally wrong, but this seems like the least cynical of the recent "upcharges".

tankart150 likes this.
  17. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

In this modern day, I'm shocked they have yet to debut a Premium Fastpass. You would think by now they would.

SeventyOne likes this.
  18. Bobharlem

Bobharlem Rookie

19. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I feel like if you are paying for Club level, it should just sort of come standard that you get this stuff.

AliciaStella, Bulldog45 and UNIrd like this.
  20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I can see special Star Wars fastpass packages/extra pricey rooms for 2019 WDW GESW opening. This is just the soft opening experiment for that....I'm betting no one gets a fastpass for Star wars attractions unless they purchase special fastpass/extra pricey room packages. Those packages will suck up all the available advance fastpasses before any of the 60 day or 30 day ones are available.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Coasted likes this.