Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF's New Christmas Shop

Gambit

--House Elf--
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2008
Central Florida
I noticed tonight as I was walking around HHN that there's now a Christmas shop in New York. I only noticed it because it was full of twinkling Christmas lights and garlands and stood out a little in the middle of The Purge. It's similiar to the Film Vault but one street over, across from the park. It was fully stocked and looked ready to open any day now.

That's great. I saw some pics on IG. Glad they're making good use of these spaces. The Film Vault store turned out really nice and is full of goodies. Hopefully this has some unique merch as well.

What was this before? Just generic storage?

Virtually the entire block is one big empty space. I know there was an entrance to an employee break room in one section, through a door down a bit from this shop. I believe there may be a second floor in the building as well, but perhaps I am mistaken there.

It's a really nice store, small but cozy and has a really good selection of items for sale. Some new, some not.

The question is.. can I get a Kong on top of the Empire State Building ornament but with a santa hat on and candy cane in his hand instead Ann Darrow?

The question is.. can I get a Kong on top of the Empire State Building ornament but with a santa hat on and candy cane in his hand instead Ann Darrow?

I like that idea, but I would prefer he be holding a star and putting it on top of the Empire State Building.

So I visted the store today and got an update. The stores official name is Park Plaza Christmas Shop and it is a permanent store and will remain after Christmas. The store is about the size of the Film Vault.

Here's some pics:

DC133EE6-9286-4441-98CE-93ED0D755FA0.jpg

D2630212-D8EF-48F6-8D10-9B2291A7BEB8.jpg

C3614E9E-9F3B-46BF-9BF3-C7CD595A1873.jpg

96FE9B12-543A-4246-9ED4-DC347FCC8D31.jpg

Great pics Gambit. This store is such a smart move as are many of the moves the company has been making. I wonder what other small touches they have in the pipeline.

Great update Gambit!

Makes sense to be open year-round, I mean the tourists will buy the stuff while they are in town doesn't matter when.

Yeah, a year round Christmas store is a smart move since tourists may see something they like and buy it while they are there. WDW has like 2 or 3 year round Christmas shops so it just makes sense. I'm not sure about those faux xmas trees out front though...

The third party survey people sometimes used that space, as did Consumer Insights, but it was pretty much unused territory, and now it is a revenue center.

Personally, I would MUCH rather have had a year-round Halloween store than a Christmas store. After all, Halloween is what Universal does best.