USH 2023 Addition? | Inside Universal Forums

USH 2023 Addition?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next big thing, isn't for USH proper.

The focus should be on SNW, with then NintendoLA and Toothsome shortly after that. Ontop of completing the eight new soundstages and the creative campus. Honestly it wouldn't shock me if the big thing for 2023 is the demolition of soundstages.

While we don't need a big thing I would like some new attraction. Or Maybe Add some things to the Tram tour/reboot it, I just avoid that ride more then I should because I find its current version meh.

The Walking Dead area has enough room for a Sing Show or something small they can add while we wait for more Potter, DK and hopefully Pokemon before the Olympic's

Well right now there's two unused spaces in SES and Walking Dead. Wouldn't surprise me if 2023 saw a replacement for one of those. But yeah, I think most of construction next year will be focused on the soundstages. I remember reading that Transformers could cause issues for Lower Lot expansion due to placement. Is there truth to this, and if so does that mean we're seeing the ride's final years?
Edit instead of double posting:
While we don't need a big thing I would like some new attraction. Or Maybe Add some things to the Tram tour/reboot it, I just avoid that ride more then I should because I find its current version meh.
I agree, tram tour needs an update. The simulator sections detract from the studio aspect, and at least in my recent experiences, they've gotten rid of most of the Fallon bits (which I always liked). I really hope they do something with it soon, now that we're without Whoville as well

Last edited:
Well right now there's two unused spaces in SES and Walking Dead. Wouldn't surprise me if 2023 saw a replacement for one of those. But yeah, I think most of construction next year will be focused on the soundstages. I remember reading that Transformers could cause issues for Lower Lot expansion due to placement. Is there truth to this, and if so does that mean we're seeing the ride's final years?
Edit instead of double posting:

I agree, tram tour needs an update. The simulator sections detract from the studio aspect, and at least in my recent experiences, they've gotten rid of most of the Fallon bits (which I always liked). I really hope they do something with it soon, now that we're without Whoville as well
I would like more random facts. Like I don't need a new host but more segments they can throw on the TV's are you pass sets. I've heard the same thing 1,000 times and while yes they have many out of town people it would not hurt to make the tram more rideable for AP's since really we are the life blood of the park.

They also have the old FF dancing car area, if they moved most of the Vehicles over to where Whoville was they could use that little bit of land for something new as well (not screens)

I haven't heard of TF having "issues" on placement.

Honestly, my thought process however is on a few things. If 2023 is Super Nintendo World's grand opening, then unless if they do something permanent in TWDA, there wouldn't be much sense to do anything other than Super Nintendo World. Especially if it's the big marketing push for 2023. It's why I think the focus should be more present for things such as the completion of studio projects. If there is something in TWDA, I'd rather it just be a museum. Something like From Coraline to Kubo or The NBCUniversal Experience, has been heavily lacking and it'd be a nice fresh pace change. Not everything needs to be something for specific audiences ((Though I think more than likely, the only thing happening to TWDA is it becoming a flex venue for Halloween Horror Nights and when it is not in operation for Horror Nights; being not far off from the Globe Theater's use)).

Studio Tour is...however, something to think about. Though, I would argue they would've done some changes about now. The last time it was changed up, it was for the 2015 operational year with the Nighttime Studio Tour and Fast and Furious Supercharged. And before that, Fallon debuted in 2011 to replace Whoopie Goldberg after her five year run from 2006 to 2011. I think if they were going to change the tour hosts, they would've done so sooner than later (and it could just be NBC wanting to keep Fallon as a host to help promote The Tonight Show at the time). And with the conversion going on from gas to electric, I would've assumed had they desired to change the tour creatively; they would've done so about now.

Granted, this could be something we come back on later in the year--but I don't necessarily think there's much they can do. Save fixing the Collapsing Bridge (or getting rid of it) or finally prepping work on something over at the old pit stop area. But with Barham Gate and the accompanying Transportation project, I don't think the bulk of the studio changes will be on the sake of the Studio Tour. I think it'll just be of the studio's benefit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~ My guess remains the same as it is currently: I think the focus for 2023 outside of Nintendo, will be on infrastructure and the major studio projects coming up. Maybe demolition of the conclave of soundstages next to Transformers and Mummy once Barham Gate's open up, and maybe starting work on the park's next big thing ((which I can see the case being made for a 2024 investment more than anything)); but it is Super Nintendo World's time to shine. SNW is going to rock waves, especially as it has the benefactor of no-one domestically being able to shell up the cash nor being able to travel.

It's the inverse of when Hogsmeade opened for Hollywood, when that had six years of existing on the other side of the country; this will be the first time for domestic audiences.

How is the box office for Sing 2? Idk how to read box office success anymore cause streaming and Covid, but I know it’s well reviewed amongst practically everyone, I know my cousins saw and the parents and children all loved it. I just can’t imagine Sing Live On Tour doesn’t go somewhere in USA, and to me USH makes sense. Idk park layout here but, is any of the open park space near SLOP and DMMM? If so, would be a nice little Illuminations area

How is the box office for Sing 2? Idk how to read box office success anymore cause streaming and Covid, but I know it’s well reviewed amongst practically everyone, I know my cousins saw and the parents and children all loved it. I just can’t imagine Sing Live On Tour doesn’t go somewhere in USA, and to me USH makes sense. Idk park layout here but, is any of the open park space near SLOP and DMMM? If so, would be a nice little Illuminations area
Sing 2 was alright but kind of fell apart by the end in my opinion. It was very Illumination-y, not in a good way, and personally I thought it wasn't very good. I enjoyed watching it more in so-bad-it's-fun-to-make-fun-of kind of way though. Anyways though, I think Sing Live On Tour would make total sense, especially in the SES theater as its location is in close proximity to the rest of Illumination. Would obviously need a building repaint. It would be a little outside the Illumination land they have going for them, which is Pets Place and DMMM, but I think it could still work.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I haven't heard of TF having "issues" on placement.

Honestly, my thought process however is on a few things. If 2023 is Super Nintendo World's grand opening, then unless if they do something permanent in TWDA, there wouldn't be much sense to do anything other than Super Nintendo World. Especially if it's the big marketing push for 2023. It's why I think the focus should be more present for things such as the completion of studio projects. If there is something in TWDA, I'd rather it just be a museum. Something like From Coraline to Kubo or The NBCUniversal Experience, has been heavily lacking and it'd be a nice fresh pace change. Not everything needs to be something for specific audiences ((Though I think more than likely, the only thing happening to TWDA is it becoming a flex venue for Halloween Horror Nights and when it is not in operation for Horror Nights; being not far off from the Globe Theater's use)).

Studio Tour is...however, something to think about. Though, I would argue they would've done some changes about now. The last time it was changed up, it was for the 2015 operational year with the Nighttime Studio Tour and Fast and Furious Supercharged. And before that, Fallon debuted in 2011 to replace Whoopie Goldberg after her five year run from 2006 to 2011. I think if they were going to change the tour hosts, they would've done so sooner than later (and it could just be NBC wanting to keep Fallon as a host to help promote The Tonight Show at the time). And with the conversion going on from gas to electric, I would've assumed had they desired to change the tour creatively; they would've done so about now.

Granted, this could be something we come back on later in the year--but I don't necessarily think there's much they can do. Save fixing the Collapsing Bridge (or getting rid of it) or finally prepping work on something over at the old pit stop area. But with Barham Gate and the accompanying Transportation project, I don't think the bulk of the studio changes will be on the sake of the Studio Tour. I think it'll just be of the studio's benefit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~ My guess remains the same as it is currently: I think the focus for 2023 outside of Nintendo, will be on infrastructure and the major studio projects coming up. Maybe demolition of the conclave of soundstages next to Transformers and Mummy once Barham Gate's open up, and maybe starting work on the park's next big thing ((which I can see the case being made for a 2024 investment more than anything)); but it is Super Nintendo World's time to shine. SNW is going to rock waves, especially as it has the benefactor of no-one domestically being able to shell up the cash nor being able to travel.

It's the inverse of when Hogsmeade opened for Hollywood, when that had six years of existing on the other side of the country; this will be the first time for domestic audiences.
I both want and dont want this to be true (more crowds equal less rides I can go on but more people means more bigger rides) but I just dont think this land day one will really move that many people to come to this park

I think some will come but think Covid will still be a thing which will slow down world wide visitors and think many families will find out Florida is going to get the same thing and just wait. Could be wrong but think it will get a bump but doubt most weekdays in January after it opens will be any different, will all be walk on rides (because Simpsons/DE because they are simulators and have worst loading)

Does anyone know Universal will do for 2023 if anything? (Assuming SNW opens this year). IMO a new show in the Dreamworks Theater would be nice.

Maybe that Harry Potter VR Broomstick ride that's going to Universal Florida but is also rumored to be coming to Hollywood.

Other speculation could be perhaps the Bourne stuntacular show for the current Special Effects building.

I also wouldn't mind a simple flat ride like the Freeze ray sliders in Japan coming to Hollywood.

As for the TWDA space, perhaps they could use that area for Hollywood's version of a tribute store like in Orlando, which is like a walk-through attraction/quick-service eatery/retail store hybrid that changes constantly throughout the year.

Reactions: salismetho
Maybe that Harry Potter VR Broomstick ride that's going to Universal Florida but is also rumored to be coming to Hollywood.

Other speculation could be perhaps the Bourne stuntacular show for the current Special Effects building.

I also wouldn't mind a simple flat ride like the Freeze ray sliders in Japan coming to Hollywood.

As for the TWDA space, perhaps they could use area for Hollywood's version of a tribute store like in Orlando, which is like a walk-through attraction/quick-service eatery/retail store hybrid that changes constantly throughout the year.
I think a tribute store would be nice, not sure what the layout is for TWDA but I imagine it could work. I think Bourne Stuntacular is unlikely, as we already have Water World just a minute's walk away.
Wasn't there also talk of the Parisian Courtyard not being available for HHN next year as the space will be converted into Illumination Land expansion? If that is the case, I personally think that's our most-likely 2023 addition

Last edited:
Reactions: joerodriguez
Universal just needs more attractions, it’s super congested and the rides all get up to 70 min or more on peak days.
Here is the roster:
Upper Lot
1) Pets
2) Despicable Me
3) Kung Fu Panda
4) Studio Tour
5) Super Silly Fun Land
6) Animal Actors Stage
7) Castle Theater (not currently open)
8) Simpsons
9) Flight of the Hippogriff
10) Forbidden Journey
11) Waterworld

Lower Lot
12) Jurassic World
13) Revenge of the Mummy
14) Dinoplay
15) Transformers
16) Super Nintendo World (Late 22 or 23)

With only 14 current attractions, they should use all the space they have.
There are some things that could help alleviate traffic and wait times, like adding the Bourne show to the castle theater, putting a Universal Experience Museum in TWD or putting in a full service restaurant, the park doesn’t have any. Maybe taking out the small playground in SSFL and dropping in a small themed flat Ride next to silly swirly. A Sing themed show could be placed in Universal Plaza.

Last edited:
A relatively simple addition would be a new movie for the Dreamworks Theater. Wasn't there a "How to Train Your Dragon" film rumored?

It'll make over $100M domestic and is currently at $150M Worldwide. The first film made $270M domestic and over $630M Worldwide. If COVID wasn't a thing, this would be a disastrous outcome for a sequel. In COVID times... it's still a disappointment, but it could've been worse.

A relatively simple addition would be a new movie for the Dreamworks Theater. Wasn't there a "How to Train Your Dragon" film rumored?
I mean yes that would work..but I don't want more replacing when we have space for new attractions first.

Considering SNW will probably *finally* open later this year and we got SLoP last year, I think an overlay for DreamWorks theater would be the best case scenario.

If we were going to get something fairly major for 2023, we would've seen construction work start around HHN last year....at the latest. From a business perspective, they really don't need to have anything open for 2023, really. They can just bank on the out-of-towners to check out SNW when they're in the area for Runaway Railway at DL and the giga at Knott's.

I know that USH has tried to push every year for a new addition, but considering SNW will open, we got SLoP last year, prep will probably begin for the next big project (Mummy replacement?), and the park suffered a 14 month total shutdown, I won't fault them for wanting to take a year off.

I seriously can't think of anything they could add for 2023 that wouldn't involve much construction. HttyD for DWT is the only thing they can probably do for that year.

Considering SNW will probably *finally* open later this year and we got SLoP last year, I think an overlay for DreamWorks theater would be the best case scenario.

If we were going to get something fairly major for 2023, we would've seen construction work start around HHN last year....at the latest. From a business perspective, they really don't need to have anything open for 2023, really. They can just bank on the out-of-towners to check out SNW when they're in the area for Runaway Railway at DL and the giga at Knott's.

I know that USH has tried to push every year for a new addition, but considering SNW will open, we got SLoP last year, prep will probably begin for the next big project (Mummy replacement?), and the park suffered a 14 month total shutdown, I won't fault them for wanting to take a year off.

I seriously can't think of anything they could add for 2023 that wouldn't involve much construction. HttyD for DWT is the only thing they can probably do for that year.
Kung fu Panda would have been around for almost 5 years at that point so I would not be shocked if a new DWT film will be the new addition for 2023. What it could be we don't know. HTTYD would be my preference but Trolls could also work. Then for 2024 you could do a new attraction for the Illumination land which could be the Sing on tour attraction which could involve demoing the Animal Actors stage. then they could call that portion Sing Street. And the Illumination land would be complete with Pets Place, Minion Way, and Sing Street.

Reactions: Nico
Coming back to this real quick, I have a feeling that we'll see some CityWalk changes for 2023. Main thing is Toothsome, though could be a 2022 change it would make a bit of sense for them to save it if they've got nothing planned for the year. Or Nintendo Store LA.
On a personal note, I'd just like some new year-round entertainment. More events, a non-seasonal nighttime show (or seasonal ones year round) maybe in SNW, really just something to keep APs coming back and day passes feeling like they got their money's worth. It seems that USH is going into a bit of a sleep mode for new major attractions post SNW, so really any of these would be nice in the meantime

Reactions: joerodriguez
So, a video was just posted by a scenic carpenter who has done work for Hollywood HHN before that shows the Bourne collapsing effect (on an identical building) seen at the video posted below at 15:55 in an empty soundstage. Did we find the attraction coming to Universal after SNW? This guy has also recently posted a selfie of himself at the Universal Plaza

Hmmmm….interesting. I’ll believe it when I see it, but if this is going inside of SES, then I don’t expect that or AA to be touched for another ten years. That’s the only way I see Bourne coming. If that’s the plan, then….ooof.