Vegetarian Restaurants | Inside Universal Forums

Vegetarian Restaurants

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 9, 2010
Charleston, SC
i'm sure i'm not the only vegetarian on these forums. Who wants to help compile a list of veg friendly restaurants? if you are feeling awesome you can even list the foods. ill update my list with your recommendations so help fill in the blanks!

Vegetarian friendly:
USF:
Finnegans - Veggie Burger
Richter's Burger Co. - Veggie Burger
Louie's - Veggie Pizza
Lombards - Pasta Primavera (vegetarian with no meat, can be made vegan)

IOA:
The Burger Digs - Veggie Burger
Cafe 4 - Fettuccine Alfredo
Mythos - Pad Thai
Three Broomsticks - Breakfast: "the continental breakfast, eggs, pancakes, and a variety of fresh fruit"
Three Broomsticks - Lunch: "salads, roasted potatoes, corn, and potato leek soup. At this time, our split pea soup is not vegetarian."

Citywalk:
Hard Rock Cafe - Veggie Burger
Moes
Fusion Bistro Sushi

NOT Vegetarian friendly:
USF:

IOA:

Citywalk:
Panda Express
Burger King

Dont know:
USF:
International Food and Film Festival

IOA:
Comic Strip Cafe
Confisco Grille
Thunder Falls Terrace

Citywalk:

Last edited:
Nope, you're not the only one - I am too! :smiley: Thanks for starting this thread, I'm always on the look-out for vegetarian-friendly places to eat!

Mythos has a Pad Thai entree. Haven't tried it yet, but I hope to someday.

I know this is an older thread, and I don't know if you wanted Walt Disney World as well, but my whole family is vegetarian, and here are some places we like to eat.
Magic Kingdom -
Columbia Harbour House has spicy vegetarian chili, and the Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus). Our favorite quick service.
Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's both have veggie burgers and a very nice fixings bar.
Epcot -
We like to go to Sunshine Seasons - they usually have a veg. soup. Yummy black bean soup.
The table service restaurants in the Mexico pavilion have a separate vegetarian menu upon request.

I know this is an older thread, and I don't know if you wanted Walt Disney World as well, but my whole family is vegetarian, and here are some places we like to eat.
Magic Kingdom -
Columbia Harbour House has spicy vegetarian chili, and the Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus). Our favorite quick service.
Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's both have veggie burgers and a very nice fixings bar.
Epcot -
We like to go to Sunshine Seasons - they usually have a veg. soup. Yummy black bean soup.
The table service restaurants in the Mexico pavilion have a separate vegetarian menu upon request.

yeah i dont know why the thread was moved to include all parks. i created it for just universal seeing as thats where my knowledge/interest lies.

Theme Park Insider has posted a helpful article about special dietary needs at the theme parks, which provides links to each park's policy for accommodating individual dietary concerns and requests.

Do you have food allergies? Are you on a restricted diet? Or are you simply looking for a special meal while you're on vacation, even if you can eat pretty much anything?

You don't have to go without or leave the park to get the food you need or want on your theme park vacation. Parks are set up to accommodate just about any dietary need you have. Gluten-free? Low cholesterol? Peanut free? Theme parks can handle any need or request you have - you just have to know where and when to make it.

Special meal requests aren't just for people with dietary needs, either. If you're celebrating a special occasion - a birthday, an engagement or an anniversary, theme parks can create a special, off-menu meals for those occasions, too. Again, you simply have to ask. (And pay for it, of course.)

So how do you do that? The simplest way is to tell the operator what you need or are looking for when you make a dining reservation. Here are some of the phone numbers and webpages you can use to make restaurant reservations or special meal requests at top theme park resorts. (If there's no advance reservations number, just ask when you arrive at the restaurant.)

By the way, did you know that you also can make reservations at the Universal Orlando restaurants via Open Table, the popular online restaurant reservation service? (I didn't.)

For more tips on getting the most from a theme park vacation, please visit our new tips page: 100 Travel Tips for Visiting Theme Parks. And if you some advice for other readers on booking special meals at a theme park, please share it with us in the comments.

Last edited:
Glad this thread was brought up again! Btw most burger kings have a Morningstar farm soy free veggie burger! Not sure if the one at Uni has that on the menu but it would be worth looking into.