Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Video Game HHN Houses

Jan 31, 2010
Tampa, FL
Was just thinking about if Universal had one year of HHN based on video game IP's.

Think about it:

Resident Evil (they do this with a lot of success in USJ)
Silent Hill
Doom
Mortal Kombat
Bioshock
Dark Souls

I think this would be interesting...though doubtful it would ever happen, especially with the new Nintendo agreement

Was just thinking about if Universal had one year of HHN based on video game IP's.

Think about it:

Resident Evil (they do this with a lot of success in USJ)
Silent Hill
Doom
Mortal Kombat
Bioshock
Dark Souls

I think this would be interesting...though doubtful it would ever happen, especially with the new Nintendo agreement

Japan still is getting video games attractions (Final Fantasy) despite the nintendo deal so I don't know why everyone seems to think the Nintendo agreement is the only video games allowed in Universal parks.

I’m all for that! I really liked the Resident Evil house even though many others didn’t. I think because I’m partial to video games.

BTW those are some good choices! With the Nintendo deal they could do Castlevania also.

I love THE LAST OF US...but personally I'd rank BioShock and Fallout above it for house choices personally. TLOU is a lot of stuff we've seen before, whereas BioShock and Fallout could be really varied. Those would be my top 3 video games to get houses though
That's true that those could be more different. I could pretty easily sketch up a TLOU house (about 8-9 scenes) that is pretty varied and would showcase the iconic scenes from the game and different locales, though.

That's true that those could be more different. I could pretty easily sketch up a TLOU house (about 8-9 scenes) that is pretty varied and would showcase the iconic scenes from the game and different locales, though.

I meant more in the case of it being zombies and survivors trying to kill you ala the 25 Walking Dead houses we just had to deal with more than the locales.:lol:

I meant more in the case of it being zombies and survivors trying to kill you ala the 25 Walking Dead houses we just had to deal with more than the locales.:lol:
Yes it a bit too similar to Walking Dead so I would say that if it ever does happen, it would be once we've had a decent break from TWD.

We may not ever see it unless that movie actually happens, though.

The closest we'll get to Bioshock is Saws and Steam, imo

Silent Hill needs another chance

Resident Evil was actually quite a great representation of the original games, just not scary

I feel like a video game house almost needs to be an up charge where you are alone or with a tiny group

This is gonna sound absurd. But hear me out. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and I think an FF house could totally work. There's plenty of scary little moments in each game you could pick and choose from. Even the dungeons from FFXV could be their own house.

The closest we'll get to Bioshock is Saws and Steam, imo

Silent Hill needs another chance

Resident Evil was actually quite a great representation of the original games, just not scary

I feel like a video game house almost needs to be an up charge where you are alone or with a tiny group
This would work so well with a Dead by Daylight maze where it's actually a game where you have to locate the five generators and unlock them while avoiding the killers. It could be like flag football. Idk just something way outside the box.