Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brightline Station Coming to Orlando

With the discussion of bypass Universal and straight to Disney or not. I think the most likely option is the pink route, where the track goes past Universal/I drive and then onto Disney as this greatly increases the amount of travel on the rail route.

If Disney has issues about a train that goes from the airport that stops at Universal first, they can fund there own "Magical express" and have a direct train.
But even with Disney seeing other attractions as a competitor they cant not admit that a easy train between the two parks would spur attendance growth in both parks due to "day trips" between the two parks.

Knowing Disney in the future you will arrive at Orlando inter modal and see two trains
A high speed "bullet train" looking train going to Universal, Disney and Tampa
Next to it a DMU with a colour scheme covered in Disney characters or themed, think of the MTR at Hong Kong DL heading just to Disney and there only

Disney's whole focus for years has been get the guests to the parks and keep them away from any other attractions. That's the point of Magical Express (don't rent a car and you're less likely to leave Disney property), Disney Springs, and Magic Bands. Get them to Disney property where they offer everything and ignore those billboards along the expressways for Universal, SeaWorld, Legoland, etc. Disney has no interest in getting people to and from the Convention Center, it cuts into their convention business. I'm guessing the new enthusiasm for the Virgin/Brightline trains is they've worked out the deal already to bypass the rest of Orlando's attractions. Of course the local attractions can still use the OIA station as a hub to pickup arrivals by air and by train, but having another station in the Convention Center area would be more convenient.

A small update: Based on comments made at a recent CFX authority meeting, it sounds like the right-of-way negotiations for the Tampa route have not been progressing particularly well, so it's unlikely that a Disney station happens in the near future like they had been hoping for.

Construction on the Miami-MCO route appears to be going fine, however.

Disney and Brightline Confirm "Advanced Talks" For Train Station Connecting Orlando Airport, Miami, Tampa, and Walt Disney World

Disney finally confirming they are in "talks" to build a station in between Orlando International Airport and Tampa.

Until they decide it’s not to their benefit and we are back to square one. Floridians have been hearing of a train system for decades. Universal and the city are gonna demand a stop somewhere along I-Drive or the convention center and this would go against Disney’s strategy of keeping guest sequestered to their resort as much as possible.

Until they decide it’s not to their benefit and we are back to square one. Floridians have been hearing of a train system for decades. Universal and the city are gonna demand a stop somewhere along I-Drive or the convention center and this would go against Disney’s strategy of keeping guest sequestered to their resort as much as possible.
Universal and the city have no power to enforce such a demand.

I don't think so - they intend to get almost all right of way from FDOT and CFX.

They would still need to negotiate with the City along with Central Florida expressway and the state which is what they have been doing for a few years now.

I’m all for the train since I’m close to the Miami station and hate driving up alone. hopefully they can work something out but the mystical train from Miami to Disney has been brought up and shot down so many times before I’ll believe it when I’m on it.

If Disney wants to kill a deal in Florida. They can kill it.

They more cash than anyone and every politician needs donations to be re-elected.

I'm with @Frankyg123 here.

Sorry I’ll continue the discussion here all I was saying is that could this high speed rail line that could come to Walt Disney world connect to Tampa possibly a potential stop at Busch gardens and possibly go to universal Orlando resort as well?

Sorry I’ll continue the discussion here all I was saying is that could this high speed rail line that could come to Walt Disney world connect to Tampa possibly a potential stop at Busch gardens and possibly go to universal Orlando resort as well?
Busch Gardens is a big nope. And no Universal either. But there could be a stop near the convention center, and that could service Universal. But it will probably follow the 417 taking it far from the convention center.

Saw this article today on WDWNT. I live on the coast in Northern Palm Beach County (pretty close to the Palm Beach County/Martin County line) and I go over several train track crossings daily that Virgin plans on using. Leading up to this pandemic there were crews working on updating multiple crossings around here. However, the last couple weeks it has appeared that work has pretty much come to a stand still. For example, they have to essentially replace a 100-year-old rail bridge over the Loxahatchee River in Jupiter and the equipment has been sitting there dormant for about the past 3 weeks with no sign of action whatsoever, so not sure how they can say they are still on track. :shrug: