Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops! I thought you meant for admission to Volcano Bay. I'm guessing the cabanas would go for $100 - $150 for a full day depending on the time of year.

no-thank-you-gif.gif
On second thought, Trump Towers at VB would have declared bankruptcy #5 :doh: before Volcano Bay even opened up. :lol:

I would guess 149-199 for the Cabanas.

That is what I was sort of guessing also, before AP discounts. Aquatica has one that goes up tp $299 so I wouldn't be shocked if Universal did something similar

Aquatica Ultimate Cabana includes:

Ultimate Cabana

Enjoy your day in your own private cabana located on the island between our two wave pools. Stay cool, relax, and enjoy the many benefits and amenities of the Ultimate Cabana rental. This area includes the traditional cabana amenities with upgraded furniture, dining table for six, a second cabana with couch, coffee table and additional seating. Price includes a maximum of 8 guests. (NO EXCEPTIONS)

• An all-day locker
  • Rental towels
  • Ceiling fan included in each cabana
  • Refrigerator with bottled water included (16 bottles)
  • $15-$30 for each additional guest
  • 20% discount coupon for merchandise including photos
  • 10% discount year-round for Pass Members through the Pass Member site
  • In-cabana culinary delivery available at an additional charge.
  • Cabana rentals are non-refundable due to weather or ride closures

Rental does not include park admission and prices vary by season, check specific dates for actual prices.

Eight guests per cabana (no exceptions); maximum guests counts are based on ticketed guests, children ages 3 and up count as a ticketed guest.

So I'm assuming this should take the record away from Summit Plummet?
Ko’okiri Body Plunge
Join in the centuries-old tradition of honoring the volcano god, Vol, by braving the incredible Ko’okiri Body Plunge. Featuring a 70-degree fall through a drop door and 125 feet of screaming, white-knuckle fun, this dizzying descent ends with a watery tribute from Vol himself.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
That's really steep. I expected about $60 since that's about how much it costs to visit all the other area waterparks.
I agree, after all marketing hype aside, the ones in charge know that at the end it is a waterpark. I think perhaps they will price themselves slightly higher, in the hope that the hype will make people pay extra.

A couple things:

1) I appreciate all the "how can they call this a theme park?!" discussion. As others have stated, ultimately there is no definition to what a theme/amusement/water park is. Marketing departments make this stuff up. So I'm fine with them calling this a theme park. It adds an extra day, so might as well call it a theme park.

2) I think this will be priced at the same price point (for a one day ticket) as either of the other two parks. The ultimate end goal here, of course, is to get people to buy a 3 day/3 park ticket.

3) The attraction names provide a lot of wonder and set a tone, but it will be impossible for most to remember or pronnouce them.

4) @Teebin what happened to the storyline about the native people? Guess that was scrapped?

Reactions: Nick
I think the park is an updated version of Aquatica rather than trying to be like a Disney park, and I think this is a strong point, after all, why pretend you are not a waterpark?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think the park is an updated version of Aquatica rather than trying to be like a Disney park, and I think this is a strong point, after all, why pretend you are not a waterpark?
From everything I've read and seen, this looks to be a cross between Typhoon Lagoon and Aquatica...looks to have a decent ride lineup...but here's hoping a Hydromagnetic Mammoth and a ride similar to Disco H2O make it into the expansion plans.

Wow it feels like Christmas coming home to all of this info after work! This all looks and sound beyond better than anything I was imagining.

What exactly is the saucer thing? Is this a new proslide attraction, or just another name for something else?

I think this is either of the following:
  • Maku: North America’s first “saucer ride”, sending multi-passenger rafts speeding around three saucer-shaped curves.
  • Puihi: A breath-taking multi-passenger raft ride that will plunge you into darkness before bursting into a funnel and launching into a zero-gravity drop.
Look at the size of the slide sections, they are huge in comparison to the already constructed slide to the right of the image, I guess that suggests its for a multi-passenger raft ride. There are clearly two main curves there and it looks reasonably short so one more curve to the bottom and that could be the Saucer ride?

saucer_slides.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
Status
Not open for further replies.