Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That rendering looks amazing, the slides coming out of the mountain and the look outs/observation. It reminds me of the Atlantis resort.

I don't think it will be an observation deck. More the loading area for the death drop clear slide thing!

Awesome name, awesome concept, terrible announcement. I don't know if I'm just spoiled from kongs release of info but this is a brand new park we are talking about here and they treated it like it was nothing. I wish they did a big webcast with kong and this, universal seriously needs a swift kick in the ass when it comes to social media because this was just disappointing

Awesome name, awesome concept, terrible announcement. I don't know if I'm just spoiled from kongs release of info but this is a brand new park we are talking about here and they treated it like it was nothing. I wish they did a big webcast with kong and this, universal seriously needs a swift kick in the ass when it comes to social media because this was just disappointing
Didn't they only learn how to use a blog in the last 12 months?!

I don't think it will be an observation deck. More the loading area for the death drop clear slide thing!

Perhaps, yes, but one will still be able to observe things from it.

I am really excited about the waterfalls... I have been discussing water-for-lava for months and expect this will go from water by day to lava at night when it will be bottom lit with yellows and reds. It will be very convincing.

Reactions: Felipe

Of course, but for safety's sake I can't see them allowing people to loiter for long before riding. Means there needs to be a non-rider way down, which I don't think I've seen in a water park. Wet feet and down stairs is not really a good combination.

Big difference. Kong opens next year. Volcano in 2. We'll have a LOT more info released for this in the coming years.

I am really excited about the waterfalls... I have been discussing water-for-lava for months and expect this will go from water by day to lava at night when it will be bottom lit with yellows and reds. It will be very convincing.

Really excited to see this at night

That is going to look awesome. My camera is salivating at the thought of capturing this at night

Google Raptor Encounter :thumbs:
While Raptor Encounter is a nice addition, no one is booking flights down to Orlando to see it. :lol:

2015 is pretty much a lull of a year with most projects in progress for the upcoming year. And yes that includes Disney too.

So I count 9 slides in the concept art, which is already a decent number of slides. From left to right: a large 4 slide tower, 2 mid-sized slides just to the side of the volcano, the vertical drop slide inside the volcano (that's what the runout in the bottom right is from), and two more large slides coming out of the back of the volcano.

That thing looks beautiful, and if it even looks half as good as the concept art I will be blown away.

Well, it's not going to be the best view from all angles is it? I mean, aren't you still going to be see I-4 from that high?

Trying to get my directional bearings. Does anyone know from what direction we are looking at the Volcano wave pool in that Concept Art?

Will you see this view from Cabana Bay?

I get so excited watching just one attraction get built from the ground up, but to see a waterpark being built will be awesome! Hope we have a lot of helicopter rides in the future :) I will chip in to support that!

Looking through the comments on the Facebook announcement of this, it's just an endless stream of "yes!", " awesome!", "super cool!" and other such remarks.

Looks like the people are with Universal on this one.

Then wait to announce it until your confident enough to say actual things about it instead of treating it like a meet and greet announcement

You're seriously underestimating the impact this had, but whatever. It trended on Twitter for nearly 2 hours after that. That doesn't happen for something treated like a meet and greet. Calm down, kid.

It would serve them right.....since opening 26 years ago they've only added 1 smallish ride. Even that is an average slide and is minimally themed compared to the rest of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.