Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 3537 I don't know about you guys, but I'm far more excited to see the theming on this park go up over the following months than anything else new that's coming in 2017. I mean all they have so far is slides that's it. Everything else is dirt. We're gonna be seeing hundreds of palm trees, so many little details that I can't wait.
-
And also I don't know about you guys, but I remember a the very first slidepiece that went into the volcano and nothing else ever happened after that with the slide. Anyone know what happened here?

Yep, really looking forward to the landscaping etc. as for that first slide piece you have noted, I'm pretty sure that is part of the water coaster and would have been placed in their first because it will obviously be difficult to get to once construction started around it. I would dig back for evidence of progress on those areas but as you may understand there would be a lot to dig through!

"Whimsical"?? What are the odds that anyone has looked at Krakatau and really thought, "Man, that's sure a whimsical-looking volcano..."

I thought this quote was interesting:
Among the innovations, Coup says that some of the attractions will incorporate media and other immersive storytelling techniques used at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure.

It would seem to imply that there will be more than just the aqua coaster that may have more in the way of show elements and such.

"Whimsical"?? What are the odds that anyone has looked at Krakatau and really thought, "Man, that's sure a whimsical-looking volcano..."

I thought this quote was interesting:

It would seem to imply that there will be more than just the aqua coaster that may have more in the way of show elements and such.
It's a buzzword, Universal can't say 'magical'

...and that quote is very exciting...I'm imagining many of the slides will use that LED technology within the slides

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.