Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 358 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an option for someone to track my progress around the lazy river and refill my drink when it gets low...?

Cuz really that's the only plausible sort of service I'd need.

I guess it's because I'm from Florida but I don't understand the idea of going to a water park to lounge around.

It's like.. something you can do outside for free. We have public beaches. There's even sand and palm trees and ocean waves and stuff.

Why on earth would you pay money to go and lounge somewhere? Especially if there's a lazy river?

Is there an option for someone to track my progress around the lazy river and refill my drink when it gets low...?

I guess it's because I'm from Florida but I don't understand the idea of going to a water park to lounge around.

It's like.. something you can do outside for free. We have public beaches. There's even sand and palm trees and ocean waves and stuff.

Why on earth would you pay money to go and lounge somewhere? Especially if there's a lazy river?

The evolution of volcano bay will lead to the lazy river floating bar

Math nerd incoming...
If they sell all the cabanas every day at they minimum price point they will take in $8,640 a day, and $3,153,600 per year.
The cabanas should pay for themselves pretty quickly considering universal is going to charge a lot more than the minimum most days.

Math nerd incoming...
If they sell all the cabanas every day at they minimum price point they will take in $8,640 a day, and $3,153,600 per year.
The cabanas should pay for themselves pretty quickly considering universal is going to charge a lot more than the minimum most days.

They'll probably be at full ask for all of this summer and HHN and pay for themselves by the end of it.

Reactions: Joel

Safety and a guaranteed comfort level. No alligators, rip-tides etc to deal with and fresh booze/food aplenty.

So just doing my usual observations of new aerials in the areas that are still a mystery. So despite my recent optimism for the remaining rock work missing that is shown in the promo videos and my lengthy posts logically explaining why I was still optimistic I must admit I'm becoming slightly less confident after MickeyXtremes latest aerials. Now The time left still does not worry me, I believe there is still plenty of time to create what is missing however the photos below show rock work has indeed started in the areas I said it would but one major development appears to be one of those huge footers I assumed was for steel appears to have actually been removed! Now I'm not sure if we just can't see it or if it has actually gone but there is a lighter rectangle on the floor in the second photo below which I have circled and this is where I was expecting to see the footer as shown in the first photo circled from drone footage a week ago. As you can also see in both photos I have highlighted the rock work that has started in that area and the drone footage shows the rock work does not cover that footing so I am assuming at this point it has been removed. IF this is the case then why something so large for a structural element would be removed would only pose the question, has something been removed from the plan? If so the only thing in that area I would guess at is the large projecting rock pieces that are currently missing. This would be a shame if this is the case but considering everything from me are guesses as I have no inside knowledge just observational thoughts I still won't be too disappointed. Whats everyone else's thoughts on the images below, do you think we can't see those footers anymore from the angle or do you think it looks like it has been removed too? As for the other footers on the other side of the slides they are still there and so are the ones in the centre of the volcano.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Oh and a couple Bioreconstaruct photos:

Last edited:

We've always reserved a cabana at Aquatica for many reasons.

With 14 and 11year old boys who like to hit every slide about five times as much as my wife and I, it gives us a spot to re-group while they continue to run, and an ultra convenient spot to leave out waters, snacks, sunscreen, goggles, etc, they can go back and get whenever they want and when they're not with us. I'm hoping Tapu Tapu will give everyone in the party access to the locker to make it even more convenient.

We also like it for peace of mind, meaning it gives us a rendezvous point that's easy to find for each of the boys (and each of us) when we go off on our own without having to coordinate where everyone is going to be and when to be back. This multiplies whenever we go with another family where coordinating can be a royal pain. Often, we'd relax in the cabana with the other couple, in the shade, under the fan, with an adult bev, and watch all the kids float by a hundred times in the rapid river, after we were chlorined out. Not bad.

I absolutely know the boys will want to stay all day and into the evening for the night show VB when we're there for a week in Nov (it's all they talk about- heck a day doesn't go by without them asking if there are any new VB pics or vids up on OU), and we'll be meeting friends from the area there, I can guarantee we'll be in a cabana for at least one day.

Man, I was going to ask if you thought those were cocnut. I think they can micro-climate them to keep them growing

Yeah, or they are prepared to replant them almost every year. Perhaps they have purchased more industrial space heaters? They are pushing it with the foxtails.

Could they be foxtails?

No, there are many foxtails planted here, but they have leaves surrounding each leaf stem in a full circle... like the fur on a foxes tail.

Reactions: JoeCamel
So just doing my usual observations of new aerials in the areas that are still a mystery. So despite my recent optimism for the remaining rock work missing that is shown in the promo videos and my lengthy posts logically explaining why I was still optimistic I must admit I'm becoming slightly less confident after MickeyXtremes latest aerials. Now The time left still does not worry me, I believe there is still plenty of time to create what is missing however the photos below show rock work has indeed started in the areas I said it would but one major development appears to be one of those huge footers I assumed was for steel appears to have actually been removed! Now I'm not sure if we just can't see it or if it has actually gone but there is a lighter rectangle on the floor in the second photo below which I have circled and this is where I was expecting to see the footer as shown in the first photo circled from drone footage a week ago. As you can also see in both photos I have highlighted the rock work that has started in that area and the drone footage shows the rock work does not cover that footing so I am assuming at this point it has been removed. IF this is the case then why something so large for a structural element would be removed would only pose the question, has something been removed from the plan? If so the only thing in that area I would guess at is the large projecting rock pieces that are currently missing. This would be a shame if this is the case but considering everything from me are guesses as I have no inside knowledge just observational thoughts I still won't be too disappointed. Whats everyone else's thoughts on the images below, do you think we can't see those footers anymore from the angle or do you think it looks like it has been removed too? As for the other footers on the other side of the slides they are still there and so are the ones in the centre of the volcano.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Oh and a couple Bioreconstaruct photos:

I'm hoping they had to remove the footer to clear a path for the gigantic crane that was just moved out of the internal volcano area. However, I am also less optimistic as well about getting the rockwork shown in the concept art. We will probably know in a week what the plan is for this side of the Volcano.

I'm hoping they had to remove the footer to clear a path for the gigantic crane that was just moved out of the internal volcano area. However, I am also less optimistic as well about getting the rockwork shown in the concept art. We will probably know in a week what the plan is for this side of the Volcano.
I don't think we're getting much more rock work but if you look at the angles on the ground, the only places you will be able to see the hole are on the lava slides.

Dear god, what's the allure of cabanas?

For water parks it's having a home base to go back to, similar to chairs with towels and such. Because of the discrepancy of what guests carry and what can go in the water there's always been a "base camp" mentality at pools and water parks. These are just more elaborate versions.

Looking forward to someone trying to say the temporary MK cabanas are the same as the VB ones and "Disney haters" have a double standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.