Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this following picture is a sticky peat moss that is thrown on... then they spray everything a slightly darker color and then wash off the moss creating the illusion of lighter mold stains. You can see the substance piled up at the base of the first picture.

This trick was used heavily in Hogsmeade...

Last edited:
I believe this following picture is a sticky sphagnum moss that is thrown on... then they spray everything a slightly darker color and then wash off the moss creating the illusion of lighter mold stains. You can see the substance piled up at the base of the first picture.

This trick was used heavily in Hogsmeade...

I'm wondering if they ran out of time to do all the rockwork on this?

Bio informs me via direct message that it is custom audio coming from the speakers, not popular music like what was played at Wet 'N Wild.

I just hope Universal shuts it off when the park is closed given how close it is to some residential areas. I could hear music coming from Wet 'N Wild 24/7.

Reactions: Andysol
Bio informs me via direct message that it is custom audio coming from the speakers, not popular music like what was played at Wet 'N Wild.

I just hope Universal shuts it off when the park is closed given how close it is to some residential areas. I could hear music coming from Wet 'N Wild 24/7.

After talking with Bio, he got the chance to use a Pro Audio Recorder and is going to have to process the track.

I cannot fathom how happy I am to see that Universal is going to go out on an extra bone, to add properly done BGM music that fits with the area. And, I secretly await hearing it from Alicia much like what was done back with Kong, xD.

Edit: From Bio,

Last edited:
Honestly, a week ago I'd have told you that this place had no chance at all of making its deadline with everything ready to go. The job just looked too big.
However, over the last 2 days (particularly after taking a walk past the site again this morning), SO much has come together in such a short time period that I'm now confident they'll deliver.
These guys are going full-tilt and making the impossible happen to get their on-time completion bonuses! (including waking me up early each morning with the sound of beeping construction vehicles, but I'll let them off...)

I almost bought a home in Toscana (the neighborhood across Turkey Lake from Volcano Bay. As much of a theme park lover as I am, even I can admit that this would be a bit too close for me.

Will be curious to see how the park perimeters are landscaped in these final weeks of the project.

Reactions: Trumen882
Love the music. Definitely makes me want to go down there and stand real close to the fence with a microphone. Hope it keeps playing in the daytime next week. Then I might stop by.

The last song sounds like a slower version of the theme used in marketing lately:

Reactions: twebber55
I believe this following picture is a sticky peat moss that is thrown on... then they spray everything a slightly darker color and then wash off the moss creating the illusion of lighter mold stains. This trick was used heavily in Hogsmeade...
You are correct :thumbsup:

Reactions: Andysol
VB buses are circling constantly this morning, stopping momentarily at the VB stop, before looping back to the parking garage again, with no passenger disembarkation. From how they're being spaced-out (or more appropriately, not being correctly spaced out at times), I believe they are trying to nail the frequency timings.
Optimized-IMG_5374.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.