Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having a hard time seeing them get this done in time. We're almost at the point of counting down by hours and there's still a lot of work to get done.
I'm thinking technically just the slides, bathrooms, and one restaurant has to actually be done. Theming, horticulture and finishing touches may lag behind after opening but won't keep them from being able to open. We've already seen people using some of the slides.

The way I look at it, there's never a guarantee that all rides will be open opening day. Take Universal Florida in 1990 for an example. Kong was hit or miss, JAWS was closed for months, and BttF wasn't even fully built yet, just had a sign that said coming soon. They're gonna open, with or without all the rides I'm sure.

Personally I'm impressed by how much has been accomplished in just the last two weeks alone. Really blowing me away.

I'm still having a hard time seeing them get this done in time. We're almost at the point of counting down by hours and there's still a lot of work to get done.
Id be interested to hear why you think there's still "a lot" of work to do, and why would they be counting down the hours when they have nearly 3 weeks left.

Based on previous things I've mentioned in my posts. The Volcano slides are the biggest risk of not opening with the rest of park (water coaster included). There's still heavy structural construction to complete, decorating, landscaping, and testing. And if that's the case, then you can bet the action river won't open either. You can totally tell they're behind where they should be by this point, and that certain pieces of the puzzle are holding up other contractors from coming in and finishing the job.

You think three weeks is a lot of time, but we're only twenty days out. Remember, this isn't a 3-acre attraction, it's an entire park, with a lot of things missing at this point. I'd even question a singular attraction's readiness if it looked like this 20 days out, and Volcano Bay is 10 times the size. I suspect they'll go full tilt starting this weekend and have hundreds of workers all over this thing up and until the very last minute.

Based on previous things I've mentioned in my posts. The Volcano slides are the biggest risk of not opening with the rest of park (water coaster included). There's still heavy structural construction to complete, decorating, landscaping, and testing. And if that's the case, then you can bet the action river won't open either. You can totally tell they're behind where they should be by this point, and that certain pieces of the puzzle are holding up other contractors from coming in and finishing the job.

You think three weeks is a lot of time, but we're only twenty days out. Remember, this isn't a 3-acre attraction, it's an entire park, with a lot of things missing at this point. I'd even question a singular attraction's readiness if it looked like this 20 days out, and Volcano Bay is 10 times the size. I suspect they'll go full tilt starting this weekend and have hundreds of workers all over this thing up and until the very last minute.

Where are you seeing heavy structural construction left to do?

No no no this can't be happening. The maximum height restriction for the kids play area is 48". NOOOOOOOO
I know Tot Tiki Reef is max 48 inches but I question Runamukka having a limit. Maybe that's the limit for just the slides, but usually big water park play areas like that let anyone in. I know Aquatica does. You gotta be able to walk the catwalk to supervise your kids at very least. If I get a big bucket dumped on me in the process and have fun by accident, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.