Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you seeing heavy structural construction left to do?

There is still tons of exposed rebar for rockwork and walkways. After that, there is the multi-layers of paint to apply. Too, more cabanas, exposed staircase steel... that all takes time... lots of it. That said, it's nothing construction walls can't solve should they be needed.

A question I have been pondering... is there any area that a person can actually lie on a towel on the beach sand? It all appears booked by those rentable lounge chairs which are everywhere on every beach.

Too, how do they prevent kids from digging in the sand?

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
There is still tons of exposed rebar for rockwork and walkways. After that, there is the multi-layers of paint to apply. Too, more cabanas, exposed staircase steel... that all takes time... lots of it. That said, it's nothing construction walls can't solve should they be needed.

A question I have been pondering... is there any area that a person can actually lie on a towel on the beach sand? It all appears booked by those rentable lounge chairs which are everywhere on every beach.

Kids dig in the sand at Aquatica, they just rake it flat at the end of the day I think. And I think only the lounge chairs with umbrellas are reserved seating? All the rest are free chairs open to first come first serve. It all seems similar to Aquatica's set up to me.

By building the most kick ass kids area known to water parks.

Reactions: JoeCamel

Lie on the sand? How gauche! If you want to lie on the sand there are beaches for that, this is Volcano Bae sir, may I show you to a reserved lounger?

Reactions: Alicia
Have we heard anything about a way to get up to the slides in the volcano without climbing the stairs? My wife has a mild form of muscular dystrophy and has difficulty climbing steps. She can do it, but just has to take her time. For example, the stair climb from the elevator in Gringotts to the level with the vehicles is really hard for her, but because there is usually a line there and you stop every so often, she can do it. She's given up on the usual climbs at most water parks because the steps are just too daunting. Given this is a brand newly designed park, I'm wondering if they will have some kind of accessibility plan.

I do not know the answer to your question, but I wanted to mention Gringotts has a real elevator, at the Studios and at IOA I believe there is always a way to bypass any stairs.

Now, just an opinion, but if tapu queue thing works out, in theory, you lot would be able to take the stairs at you own pace. If the queue dose not work out, you will be taken the stairs slow anyway.

I like to do the walking tour of the castle just because you can walk the queue at your own pace and I assume you lot could do the same at VB.

One of the huge advantages Universal has over Disney is the ability to create kinetic energy through proximity of their parks and resorts. I'm so happy to see that those tower rooms are giving birds eye views of that Volcano. Really adds value and excitement to the resort environment.

I wouldn't call that heavy structural construction. The concrete and painting work are definitely time consuming, but when I hear heavy structural, I'm thinking I beams. Didn't know if I missed something.

Reactions: Dan B
Looks like Ko'okiri body plunge has a 70 degree fall according to Universal on twitter, anyone know how steep Summit Plummet is?

Status
Not open for further replies.