Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush Gardens - Check out our new state of the art family coaster!
Sea World - We will be building the first hyper coaster!!
UOR - Look, we just upped the water park theme to 11 (another Spinal Tap reference!)
DISNEY...........crickets.....now you can pay extra to stand in line and buy more **** at Star Wars Weekends!
ALSO YODA CAKES...SPACE LUNCH ROOM

Reactions: Shrunkenned
Bush Gardens - Check out our new state of the art family coaster!
Sea World - We will be building the first hyper coaster!!
UOR - Look, we just upped the water park theme to 11 (another Spinal Tap reference!)
DISNEY...........crickets.....now you can pay extra to stand in line and buy more **** at Star Wars Weekends!
ALSO YODA CAKES...SPACE LUNCH ROOM
In Disney's defense, everything they are doing for the next 2 years has already been announced (RoL, Tree of Light Show, Frozen, Avatar).

But they don't deserve much defense because everything has taken them either years to build or is on the cheap. Though Avatar and RoL should at least be solid.

I really can't wait till we know more about the "attractions" cause slides don't interest me.

Once this opens I do wonder how parking, ap pricing structures and all that stuff will changed.

In Disney's defense, everything they are doing for the next 2 years has already been announced (RoL, Tree of Light Show, Frozen, Avatar).

But they don't deserve much defense because everything has taken them either years to build or is on the cheap. Though Avatar and RoL should at least be solid.

But i mean its interesting how Gardens, SeaWorld, and UOR announced all this like today and yesterday....like it seemed like they went "oh you released that, well how about this?". Its crazy but awesome! Great week for Orlando!

I really can't wait till we know more about the "attractions" cause slides don't interest me.

Once this opens I do wonder how parking, ap pricing structures and all that stuff will changed.

I'm pretty sure this will have mostly "slides". it's a water park. I woudln't expect a lot of screen simulator rides, or dark rides.

also, I would imagine it will be a similar pricing structure to BB or TL. it will be available as an "add-on", or seperate ticket.

I think the parking was already talked about. They will have a section set aside in the parking garage. there will be no on-site parking.

Ooops! Big clarification. I do not know if the park will be open at night at all. Hell, I didn't know about the waterfalls or viewing deck until today! At this point, I am sitting here just like all of you guessing and wondering. The lit water was something I have been dreaming about, but only from the top... I have no actual knowledge of what the volcano will do at night.

This was a picture I sent to a "friend" months ago dreaming of such eruptions from the top.

lima-water-show-fountains-spray-red.jpg

could that viewing deck just be part of the line for the ride down the tube that goes through the volcano?http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tube-406x600.jpg

Just think that it's odd that all the major theme park players announced plans except Disney. I Hear Medevil Times just announced a new Game of Thrones inspired dinner show..."for adults only". Lego Land is on the phone. They are building more legos. Jesus Lives! The holy ghost himself has returned and will appear at Holy Land in Summer 2016.

Speaking of Disney, when you look at what they have announced (besides Avatar which won't open until 2018?)...they don't seem to have nearly as much on the pipeline. Maybe at the next D23? Whenever that is?

Just think that it's odd that all the major theme park players announced plans except Disney. I Hear Medevil Times just announced a new Game of Thrones inspired dinner show..."for adults only". Lego Land is on the phone. They are building more legos. Jesus Lives! The holy ghost himself has returned and will appear at Holy Land in Summer 2016.

Speaking of Disney, when you look at what they have announced (besides Avatar which won't open until 2018?)...they don't seem to have nearly as much on the pipeline. Maybe at the next D23? Whenever that is?
Frozen is supposed to open next year along with Rivers of Light and some other small scale things at DAK and Avatar is still scheduled for 2017.

Apparently the talk is that Star Wars Land won't even break ground here until Avatar is completed. If anything will happen in the interim is the question. I assume they'd want to keep the appearance of adding things to the park so maybe TSPL to DHS or something like that, but otherwise evrything is up in the air after Avatar.

Well if it's just slides then that's the only thing I'm disappointed in. Everything else looks to be next themed level.

You're seriously underestimating the impact this had, but whatever. It trended on Twitter for nearly 2 hours after that. That doesn't happen for something treated like a meet and greet. Calm down, kid.

I'm not saying it didn't have an impact, I'm saying universal should've made a way bigger deal about a third park opening, calm down old timer :p

- - - Updated - - -

You do not, as they say, "blow your load" all at once. You strategically reveal things as time goes on and/or as it becomes advantageous.

I guess but this is the same company that made 3 big announcements (not including nintendo) within a span of a month. If they didn't blow their load here then idk what they did

Last edited:

Get ready for the new Premier Preferred Plus Pass, y'all! I'm all in.

And between this plus the Busch announcements, it's like a Christmas for a theme park nerd.

Its just amazing that an entire water theme park is gonna be built before avatar considering how much further along Avatar is than this project.

Its just amazing that an entire water theme park is gonna be built before avatar considering how much further along Avatar is than this project.

that is insane to think, especially since they announced avatar in 20 freakin 10. The theme park wars are among us and I seriously can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.