Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
file

Whatever you posted there isn't showing up for me.

Weirdly, I think the only thing that was really bothering me about the logo is that it just looked like all the pieces had been brought together and then stacked. If you move the volcano to the side, I think it looks slightly better but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.
ORWTNVP.jpg

I did mess around with some other colours but given it's a water park, you can't really use anything but, purples, blues and greens and that's why a lot of water parks look kind of similar. Every logo will have some kind of water in it some where, which puts yellow out the question because who wants to go into yellow water? The same idea can be used for orange and red.

My one criticism is that it doesn't line up proportionally with the other park logos.

UOR-Logo-Collage.jpg

I could see where the average Joe might think the Volcano Bay logo is for one of the resorts with just a quick glance. But I will say that I think the volcano icon would line up great with the Universal Studios Escape icongraphy, which I think I've seen still in use occasionally.

Universal%20Studios%20Escape%20(2).jpg

Last edited:
Weirdly, I think the only thing that was really bothering me about the logo is that it just looked like all the pieces had been brought together and then stacked. If you move the volcano to the side, I think it looks slightly better but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.
ORWTNVP.jpg

I did mess around with some other colours but given it's a water park, you can't really use anything but, purples, blues and greens and that's why a lot of water parks look kind of similar. Every logo will have some kind of water in it some where, which puts yellow out the question because who wants to go into yellow water? The same idea can be used for orange and red.
That very minor change you made makes a world of a difference imo. I far and away would prefer that one but whatever. I'll resign that It's just a logo at the end of the day.

The only use of the Universal Escape logo is on a poster in the marketing office with text under saying "Never Again"

I mean I think I've still seen that icon around, not the whole logo with the "Universal Studios Escape" verbiage.

It looks to me like thats what you'd do if you needed a simple 2 color logo for embroidery, and other items where you don't want a full color product. I'm sure we will see more versions as time goes on. It really doesn't mesh with the feel of the other parks, but isn't far off what we see with Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls. This version seems to have no depth to it. I figure for signs and merch, we will see a variation of this with drop shadow or other effects to give it a different feel.

My one criticism is that it doesn't line up proportionally with the other park logos.

UOR-Logo-Collage.jpg

I could see where the average Joe might think the Volcano Bay logo is for one of the resorts with just a quick glance. But I will say that I think the volcano icon would line up great with the Universal Studios Escape icongraphy, which I think I've seen still in use occasionally.

Universal%20Studios%20Escape%20(2).jpg

I don't think Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure match up together that well either but that's ok. Every park is different and the logo should reflect that. When you look at the resort map, every logo is different and that's a good thing.

4UctzZ6.jpg

That very minor change you made makes a world of a difference imo. I far and away would prefer that one but whatever. I'll resign that It's just a logo at the end of the day.

Agreed. That one change made a difference for me. Like I said I was indifferent but I couldn't figure out why.

Agreed. That one change made a difference for me. Like I said I was indifferent but I couldn't figure out why.

I think the big difference in moving the volcano is that it adds a bit more drama to it. Before it looked like a wave passing by the front of it, no big deal but now it looks like a huge wave crashing into it. The volcano also looks completely isolated in the logo so if you imagine yourself being on it, it would be a scary place to be.

Man sizing it up with those two logos is just unfair lol. It's not eye catching at all. Hell some of the logos for the attractions are grander. I also think the typography is too similar to cabana bay, since they're next to each other it might cause some confusion. I think it really needs an update, the logo itself has a great composition just needs more oomph

I have to say that compared to the other two park logos it just looks so plain and doesn't pop at all. It definitely looks similar to the resort logos so I could see this potentially confusing less knowledgable guests...especially since the water park is tucked away in the farthest corner of the property...we may have a Universal Escape situation all over again!

I have to say that compared to the other two park logos it just looks so plain and doesn't pop at all. It definitely looks similar to the resort logos so I could see this potentially confusing less knowledgable guests...especially since the water park is tucked away in the farthest corner of the property...we may have a Universal Escape situation all over again!
Not likely with a 200' tall volcano looming over I-4.

That was my first thought long before I reported the location and icon here.

I can picture all the disappointed kids faces travelling to Disney down the I4 passing by.

I've never really being able to visualise the height of the volcano until now. It will be about twice the size of the Blizzard Beach mountain. Could a world record breaing slide be on the cards?

http://www.waterslidedatabase.com/worlds-tallest

Status
Not open for further replies.