Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought the volcano was nearing full height, you see this:

CqvVDldXYAAjjdW.jpg

That is a huge window in the top right hand corner of the volcano.

Just when I thought the volcano was nearing full height, you see this:

CqvVDldXYAAjjdW.jpg

That is a huge window in the top right hand corner of the volcano.

Yeah I think the volcano is only around the observation deck/drop slide platform height and I think once the rock work is on that opening you mention wont look as big. Reason I believe this is because of the following:

So below I found the best angle recent photo I could to match the concept art and it is pretty close, so I overlaid the photo with the concept art and the openings that can now be spotted in the steel work also reasonably matched up the openings showing day light through on the concept art. I then took both separate photos and highlighted in red the main features on the concept art and then over laid them onto the real construction photo. Again matching up quite well. Hopefully this will give some a good idea where the volcano is at in terms of height and features. This also gives a good idea of which slides are coming out of which openings. The photo is not the clearest but it was the only recent one at the best angle so if anyone struggles to spot the openings I have highlighted study some other pictures and you should start to see them n relation to the concept art.

Untitled3.jpg

Yeah I think the volcano is only around the observation deck/drop slide platform height and I think once the rock work is on that opening you mention wont look as big. Reason I believe this is because of the following:

So below I found the best angle recent photo I could to match the concept art and it is pretty close, so I overlaid the photo with the concept art and the openings that can now be spotted in the steel work also reasonably matched up the openings showing day light through on the concept art. I then took both separate photos and highlighted in red the main features on the concept art and then over laid them onto the real construction photo. Again matching up quite well. Hopefully this will give some a good idea where the volcano is at in terms of height and features. This also gives a good idea of which slides are coming out of which openings. The photo is not the clearest but it was the only recent one at the best angle so if anyone struggles to spot the openings I have highlighted study some other pictures and you should start to see them n relation to the concept art.

Untitled3.jpg

Nice work! I hope they don't get carried away with the skin/cement on the one side before they put some on the other. Would hate to see this collapse in a pile of twisted steel. Sure they know what they are doing but it is not looking too balanced to me. Stranger things have happened with more conventional structures.

Untitled3.jpg

Good job!

And it goes even higher...

Fantastic, I think for a long time a few would admit, including myself, that I thought they were at the top but it is clear they are only about 3/4 of the way there! this thing already looks huge but when it is complete its going to be a monster and seen from everywhere. I think standing next to it is going to be incredibly impressive.

Wow, you analyzed this to pieces. Impressive!

Ha, thanks. I wouldn't say I sat there and analyzed it in one go to spot these things, its just something I have started noticing for a while so didn't take long to overlay them photos and pic out the points I have highlighted.

Couple more updates from today, this time from D987:

Wow look at all those pieces!!!

And as Cheezbat pointed out, it gets taller! LOOK HOW TINY THAT WORKER IS!!!!!!

Wow, it's great to see those loaded on the truck like that. I had the impression the rock framework pieces were much smaller than that, but they are pretty big! I assume they all must be numbered and specifically shaped for the areas they will be applied to. I just can't imagine trying to get all those puzzle piece to fit together right...

I believe that is their second facility (just south of the HQ) off Lucerne Terrace Google Maps

BTW, that is less than a block from Pulse. I only spotted the second facility when traffic was still being detoured off Orange Ave after the shooting. I looked over and saw the Nassal sign on the gate and a bunch of those volcano pieces behind it.

With all the work they're doing right now, they probably have multiple facilities. I assumed the picture was from there because of the train tracks in the background.

Also, that's the downtown skyline from that location as well.

Untitled3.jpg

Just to add another visual to this:

aa3aa99b-1765-4a4d-a5e6-b8b253f7e1aa
0S7nwkc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.