Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theory: They wont close the mountain until they have run water through all of the slides and tested them.

Because we've seen them change pieces of slides - and you cant do that with the ones in the mountain if you close the mountain.

Thank you..
You can see not only a crane but several boom lifts as well at the bottom of volcano. This is the only place in the Volcano where they can access any support structures if they need to change anything. Once everything is checked, the rockwork is placed. There's still a few pieces left at the wave pool, enough to cover up most of the missing area.

That's a nice thorough analysis @Dan B, but it doesn't explain the footers on the opposite side of the opening that were also left untouched. In fact, according to the drone footage - they've begun planting trees in and around where those big footers are.

I really do hope you're onto something though!

That's a nice thorough analysis @Dan B, but it doesn't explain the footers on the opposite side of the opening that were also left untouched. In fact, according to the drone footage - they've begun planting trees in and around where those big footers are.

yeah there could be some slashes in the budget if true

I think it's always wise to wait and experience things first hand rather than just looking at it in pictures from I-4 and jumping to automatic conclusions.

I'm not a fan of quite a few things about VB on the surface, but as I have said in the past, I think it will easily have the best collection of slides in Orlando, food looks good and Tapu Tapu seems relaxing. We're never going to like everything about every park, but it's probably wise to set foot in said park before judging it.

See my last paragraph below with the highlighted red text, albeit I have assumed something Its the only logical thing I can think of right now for the footers as they are the same shape and size as all the others, also the plantation is not in the way for steel projecting at an angle towards the volcano as it is all on the outside of those footers. ---

"In conclusion the large rock area missing will stop it looking as open and also make what is currently a clean edge to the volcano look much more natural, the right hand side has the same footers as I highlighted in the screen grab but none of the promo videos show anything projecting higher than the matt racers slides so from the video I'm assuming the angle of the footers suggests the rock work may project at an angle toward the volcano and up through the centre of that closest first green loop of the water coaster above the highlighted area on the right."

I think it's always wise to wait and experience things first hand rather than just looking at it in pictures from I-4 and jumping to automatic conclusions.

I'm not a fan of quite a few things about VB on the surface, but as I have said in the past, I think it will easily have the best collection of slides in Orlando, food looks good and Tapu Tapu seems relaxing. We're never going to like everything about every park, but it's probably wise to set foot in said park before judging it.

The 11 Steps of Opening a new Ride at Universal:
1. Rumor mill kicks up - people say it probably wont happen
2. Rumor gets stronger/someone says "I just hope it dosen't involve screens" at some point
3. Announcement by Teebin
4. Announcement by Universal
5. Construction phase - Someone mentions there are no cranes left in Orlando
6. Horror Nights pauses discussion
7. New member joins and asks about details that are in the Press Release
8. People complain about how it's looking/panic when something is not in place yet
9. Attraction opens
10. General Public loves it, Fans nitpick it
11. Universal sees increase in guest spending and attendance again

We're at #8 for VB

The 11 Steps of Opening a new Ride at Universal:
1. Rumor mill kicks up - people say it probably wont happen
2. Rumor gets stronger/someone says "I just hope it dosen't involve screens" at some point
3. Announcement by Teebin
4. Announcement by Universal
5. Construction phase - Someone mentions there are no cranes left in Orlando
6. Horror Nights pauses discussion
7. New member joins and asks about details that are in the Press Release
8. People complain about how it's looking/panic when something is not in place yet
9. Attraction opens
10. General Public loves it, Fans nitpick it
11. Universal sees increase in guest spending and attendance again

We're at #8 for VB
You are soooo right on with your lighthearted analysis. :thumbsup: .....Just a little addition; Like the classic line in Casablanca, "Round up the usual suspects", the nitpicking usually comes from the same suspects. ;)

Yeeesh, I just stated that I hope/wish they will make the close slides a bit more peek-a-boo with a bit of tall greenery in the foreground. Washingtons only need 3-4 feet of ground to be planted in. A bit of timber bamboo in between would float my boat. Scott, whip us up an example with your mighty PS skills. I would but I am busy in Illustrator at present. ;)

If you can get me a photo, I'll happily photoshop some bamboo for you.

The whole mountain was prefabbed with automated rebar bending machines that followed 3D data scanned from smaller sculptures approved by UC. A jigsaw of large crazy looking rebar panels.

@Teebin have you been following all the crazy talk re: the exposed side of the Volcano? If so, could you say whether the current state is how it's supposed to be or will it be more enclosed?

Do you guys drink after the game or before & after. We always had a couple of cases cold after a match, supplied by our sponsor Straub Beer. The comraderie after is as good as playing.

We don't actually which seems odd now that you mention it. Everybody puts an extra pound in each week and by the time it comes to Christmas there is about an £800 kitty left for a night or at what can only be described as a dive bar across the road. Half the people don't drink so it's always a good night.

We don't actually which seems odd now that you mention it. Everybody puts an extra pound in each week and by the time it comes to Christmas there is about an £800 kitty left for a night or at what can only be described as a dive bar across the road. Half the people don't drink so it's always a good night.
You need to find a new team to play for. And we only scheduled matches on weekends, which makes the party after aspect better. :):lol:

I used to play bar league softball, the keg was on second base........

Status
Not open for further replies.