Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the wood to be hokey too. Bamboo structures everywhere and yet these natives decided that a live oak from Florida would make better supports. It looks far better suited to Splash Mountain than Polynesia. :saywhat:

Last edited:
I'm really perplexed by the decision to run stairs up the side of the volcano. From ground level, both the stair structure itself and the people at the top will ruin the forced perspective.

I'm really perplexed by the decision to run stairs up the side of the volcano. From ground level, both the stair structure itself and the people at the top will ruin the forced perspective.

I had always assumed way up and down would be elevators, but alas...

New update from WildGravity Travels!

Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-461.jpg

I have a feeling rockwork or some other barrier will be used to hide the staircase from view, at least from the ground level.

Im perplexed by a lot of UC decisions on this water "theme" park . No cohesion at all ... Wood here bamboo there ... Open volcanos ... back story is a mess ... barren slide structures.... etc etc ... we will find out soon enough (not that it's a bad looking park, it is gorgeous but thought they could of pushed it more, you know, being one of the top theme park companies in the world)

Last edited:
Im perplexed by a lot of UC decisions on this water "theme" park . No cohesion at all ... Wood here bamboo there ... Open volcanos ... back story is a mess ... barren slide structures.... etc etc ... we will find out soon enough (not that it's a bad looking park, it is gorgeous but thought they could of pushed it more, you know, being one of the top theme park companies in the world)
How is the backstory a mess? It's laid out pretty simply and you'll get an even better understanding of it and how Tapu Tapu work on the bus.

For such a lax execution with the theme and decor, the intricacies of the backstory really don't match the end result. This should of been at the caliber of, or exceeding that of, Atlantis', but instead we got Aquatica "Plus" with a few non-tangibles to try and overcompensate for their glaring problem.

I get the impression they came up with a solid idea for a water park and then tried to intertwine the story into all the craziness.

Is it perfect? Far from it. Do I care? Absolutely not. The back story is just a means to an end and merely just sets the theme for the whole place. At the end of the day it's a world class modern water park with great rides and a relaxing atmosphere. It's about as good as it can get for what it needs to be.

I'm guessing an increase in $50 to add it, but could be shooting way too low.
For the first couple years, I'm thinking way, way more. Water parks have a relatively low capacity and they need to get as many tourists here as possible. Tourists spend a lot more money on food + merch than locals. After the hype dies down, they'll lower the price for locals

Status
Not open for further replies.