Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi everyone, I've been following the construction thread for a month or two as I'm heading to Orlando in a couple of days for two weeks. Unsure if this has been completely clarified so sorry if I'm repeating a question, but does the taputapu only save your queue for one ride OR does it do one ride plus honu/krakatau. Also, are ALL the rides taputapu, as in you can't just line up if you're waiting for a huge ride, or just the major ones like krakatau, honu, bodyplunges etc.

Had planned to do this rather late in my holiday so hope things are sorted by then as the twitter feeds seem pretty off-putting.. lots of people with only 1-2 rides in the whole day. Hopefully this is an easy fix within a couple of weeks

Thanks!

Reactions: Quint
I agree I would never go to a park in it's opening week especially a Holiday weekend.

To be fair though you have to put yourselves in these peoples shoes. They spent how much money on parking, tickets, food, etc to get in and expected it to be ready for the high volume of guests UO must have predicted would show up. It's been a disaster from an ops side of things up to this point.

If they can figure out a way to keep return times around 60 minutes and reduce the technical problems they're experiencing with attractions, it'd show us just how useful TapuTapu can be!

Reactions: SeventyOne
If you offer "discount" tickets that will just encourage more people to go.

They may leave slightly less disappointed knowing they paid less, but that doesn't solve your crowd issue.

They probably need to dial it back about 2,000 people.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Also I'm pretty sure these people who waited 4+ hours are trying to queue for the volcano slides, if they wanted to go on more slides they could queue for a different one.

They will probably end up getting a return future ticket from guest services.

Oh wow, one of those people told the twitter account there's over an hour wait for guest services.

Last edited:
So it's basically impossible to ride all of the slides in 1 day withouth express?
For now. They'll work out stuff later.

Though I'm surprised not being able to ride everything in one day is a downfall. I'd think it's better to have a reason to go back to the park another day myself.

Obviously if the lines are all gigantic and that's the only reason why that's a little disappointing. But I mean, I've never been able to do everything at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon in one day either. And I think that's more due to the sheer amount of content rather than just lines.

Last edited:
Wild Gravity Travels on Twitter posted the action lazy river is now letting people on without life vest, good to see things are evolving and adjusted, just need to give it time.
Was just about to post this. This was my biggest complaint from what I saw yesterday. So glad they made the adjustment.