Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wage Increases: UOR Edition

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Beginning on February 3rd, Team Members who are working at Universal Orlando Resort, will see a wage increase to 12 dollars an hour.

Not counting taxes, and if the TM's work 20 hours a week; they will earn about 240.00 dollars per week.

Well it’s about time. By the time this goes into effect, it’ll have been 3 years since the last wage increase at UOR. With Disney already at a company minimum of $11 and up to $15 by 2021, this was inevitable. Hell, this increase will only match Wal-Mart after their increase to $12 about a year ago.

Either way, I’m glad this is happening. After recently going to an interview for a position at one of the Loews Hotels at Universal, I have to say it’s truly them that need to up their minimum (Universal and Loews employees are not one and the same, nor are they paid the same). They were trying to get me to accept a position at Aventura for only $9/hour. I knew that position, at Full-Time no less, pays more than that at many other respected places in town. Yet they seemed to wonder why they had so many openings...

Well it’s about time. By the time this goes into effect, it’ll have been 3 years since the last wage increase at UOR. With Disney already at a company minimum of $11 and up to $15 by 2021, this was inevitable. Hell, this increase will only match Wal-Mart after their increase to $12 about a year ago.

Either way, I’m glad this is happening. After recently going to an interview for a position at one of the Loews Hotels at Universal, I have to say it’s truly them that need to up their minimum (Universal and Loews employees are not one and the same, nor are they paid the same). They were trying to get me to accept a position at Aventura for only $9/hour. I knew that position, at Full-Time no less, pays more than that at many other respected places in town. Yet they seemed to wonder why they had so many openings...

Absolutely not. You couldn't afford to go to theme parks.

You working for $9 an hour.
Oh yes. Yeah that’s not happening :lol:

If I actually had to pay to get into the parks I would likely go a lot less... luckily both of my jobs get me theme park admission - one to UOR and one to Disney.

Guess it was a slow news day or something, but my local news picked up on this. But, the thing that got me was the file footage they ran while telling the story...they had T2 and dueling dragons...I mean dueling with the old entrance and all.