Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking Dead Attraction: Thoughts?

Apr 20, 2013
Winter Park, FL
I have an idea of bringing a Walking Dead dark ride to Universal Orlando Florida. I went to the house at HHN and thought it was absolutely brilliant. I've alwats been a huge walking Dead fan and would really like to see a ride. You may have diferent ideas but here's mine:

In order for this ride to happen, Universal would need to sign a contract with AMC and replace one of the rides. I would really like to see it replace MIB as it would make a good shooter ride. I know I'm gonna get a lot a hate and I love this ride as much as you do, but think about it. The whole story behind it is that you are survivors in the Zombie Apocalypse and Rick and his group would take you in and train you. But, as your training, The Governer and his group attack the prison and you are whisked off into the woods to fend for yourselves. You then end up in Woodbury and have to try and get out without being killed. Rick, Michonne, Carl, And Daryl come to the recuse and lead you out. What do you think????? :smiley:

If done properly, a "Walking Dead" attraction could be a wild and fun adventure and something that would give the franchise yet another boost. But as a replacement for MiB? Absolutely not. MiB still has plenty of life left in it both as a franchise (new movie came out just last year) and as an enjoyable ride, and would (IMHO) be better served undergoing a refurb and upgrade to modernize it and get everything working properly again. Great ride!

Last edited:
The idea isn't fantastic and is only relevent if you understand the characters. If there was some benifit to that specific theming to Walking Dead, sure, but your idea could be accomplished with any zombie movie, and doesn't add anything that MIB doesn't already have. Plus, Walking Dead has a small audience in comparison to films and series represented in the park, and as a series will be cancelled and forgotten before any ride could be established. The audience becomes even smaller with the concept of killing zombies , it adds a gore factor that shrinks the age group.

PS: I really can't take you seriously with that username.

1) it's a nice idea but for a completely separate attraction, not replacing one. especially one that is still a drawing factor to the park.

2) while i admit it's a nice idea, for themeing you'd have to go beyond just ooh let's shoot zombies, the concept is very graphic and bloody and makes for an interesting HHN attraction. making it a permanent attraction limits the audience because of its goriness.

3) there are plenty of zombie related stories/films so themeing it to a tv show that could lose its relevancy and timeliness within a matter of couple/few years isn't a very wise choice for an attraction. it's a popular show, yes, but there are still not a many people who watch it and you can't guarantee it'll stay interesting to a large audience in the next year or so.

Do you think I'm some immature kid???? I assure I'm not. If you read my bio I was only joking when I created my username. It's just a joke ok tlc (mind if I call you that?)

Maybe something similar to Poseidon's Fury?? Guided through the town and be attacked. IDK, thinking of it as I go along really.. The thing about zombies is, is that they're portrayed as slow moving man eaters and there'd have to be a hoard of them for them to be intimidating. Unless, of course, you're backed into a corner by one with no where to go. Something like this would have to be REALLY well thought out to be a good theme park attraction.

Personally, I would not like that as an addition as it is a very gory series. Same reason I'm not keen on, for example, the SAW ride here in England. Whilst the coaster isn't badly designed, the fact that its theme is SAW and you are constantly reminded of it, I am just not keen on it.

A Walking Dead attraction would be amazing...I fear that it will have to be replaced very shortly after it is built though..Universal is looking for staying power, and you can't blame them considering rides cost so much..

I wouldn't mind seeing a tie-in with HMUS though..it would be better than the ending we have now..I would totally dig a M&G too.

I have an idea of bringing a Walking Dead dark ride to Universal Orlando Florida. I went to the house at HHN and thought it was absolutely brilliant. I've alwats been a huge walking Dead fan and would really like to see a ride. You may have diferent ideas but here's mine:

In order for this ride to happen, Universal would need to sign a contract with AMC and replace one of the rides. I would really like to see it replace MIB as it would make a good shooter ride. I know I'm gonna get a lot a hate and I love this ride as much as you do, but think about it. The whole story behind it is that you are survivors in the Zombie Apocalypse and Rick and his group would take you in and train you. But, as your training, The Governer and his group attack the prison and you are whisked off into the woods to fend for yourselves. You then end up in Woodbury and have to try and get out without being killed. Rick, Michonne, Carl, And Daryl come to the recuse and lead you out. What do you think????? :smiley:

I had this idea too awhile back ago! I love The Walking Dead and it would be an amazing attraction! I thought it would be cool if the line was a haunt walk through and the actual ride was a 4D attraction like T2.