What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

Are these the One Day One Park ticket prices? This is double the price from just a few years ago.

Glad I bought my multi day tickets early in February. I figured this would happen, based on WDW 's past history..I just checked the new rates and I saved $90 by buying(2) 7 day PH passes then instead of now. and that was for the slow season in mid November...People that stay for three days or less are the ones that really get killed on the price increase though. You almost have to stay 6 or more days to get an affordable daily rate. ...and it's looking like the present fastpass system is going to have major alterations sometime this year, according to posts by Marni on Magic. Free choices may be limited and pay to play may replace some of the free choice. Going to be a lot of unhappy campers if that comes to fruition.

Last edited:
They can't continue at this pace....can they? There has to be a ceiling of diminishing returns. Are people really going to pay $200/day in 2021? I want a guarantee of being able to ride EVERY ride if they start charging those types of prices.

They can't continue at this pace....can they? There has to be a ceiling of diminishing returns. Are people really going to pay $200/day in 2021? I want a guarantee of being able to ride EVERY ride if they start charging those types of prices.
It’ll continue until the next downturn. People will just go into debt to bring their family to Disney.

You get the impression that the people that make the decision to cut staffing to save money, causing longer ride wait times, and the people that set gate prices based on longer wait times, don't know what the other is doing?

Glad I bought my multi day tickets early in February. I figured this would happen, based on WDW 's past history..I just checked the new rates and I saved $90 by buying(2) 7 day PH passes then instead of now. and that was for the slow season in mid November...People that stay for three days or less are the ones that really get killed on the price increase though. You almost have to stay 6 or more days to get an affordable daily rate. ...and it's looking like the present fastpass system is going to have major alterations sometime this year, according to posts by Marni on Magic. Free choices may be limited and pay to play may replace some of the free choice. Going to be a lot of unhappy campers if that comes to fruition.
Now you can afford to buy a cupcake. An afternoon at the Nomad you can't but a cupcake.....

Of course you can. It will just cost you extra for unlimited FP+ if they decide to copy DLP.

Of course you can. It will just cost you extra for unlimited FP+ if they decide to copy DLP.

Fine. I'll pay $200 for EVERY ride and a stress free day. They better GUARANTEE it though.:thumbsup:

That's the thing about charging more money...I don't expect a lesser experience to cost more. Disney better figure that one out.

Honestly, I really think they price these one day tickets so high so that the After Hours events and things like MNSSHP and MVMCP look like a good dal in comparison.

Of course. MNSSHP was an incredible bargain just 5 years ago. Now it's just a bargain.

This is why I'm so happy I do have a good number of old ticket days left. Not as many as I wish, but enough for a few years.

We have no desire to go to Disney parks for 6 days on a vacation at this point. You spend 6 days of absolute insanity, get 2 or 3 good rides each day, and pay a fortune to eat.

Instead, You can go to Universal for 3-4 days, with a day in between each one, still ride lots more big rides total, and get cheap popcorn and pop refills to boot.

Epcot may become a bigger drow if GotG is great. And I must take my little girl to Arendelle every trip. DHS is going to be nightmare fuel for years. And AK is off the radar for us now that we rode the two new rides, and I'd never work hard to get on FoP again.

Most Disney rides simply aren't worth months of planning, and running to get to them before your FP you scheduled weeks ago expires, and then you paid a ton for your family to get in for a bunch of B tier rides.

I’m just happy they didn’t raise the AP prices during this increase. I know it’s coming before SWGE, but I should hopefully be for renewal beforehand.